• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JEEP 4.0 bolted to Chevy Transmission!!!

CherokeeCrawler88

NAXJA Forum User
i have seen on petersons ultimate adventure where guys have ran turbo350s or turbo 400 or even 700R chevy trannies on the 4.0I6 how is this possible? I would love to do the swap because i dont wanna go to manual tranny but I don't like how the AW4 doesnt allow you to lock it in only 1st gear the 1st and 2nd is one gear. Has anyone done this or know anythinga bout it?
thanks
Corey

i have seen on petersons ultimate adventure where guys have ran turbo350s or turbo 400 or even 700R chevy trannies on the 4.0I6 how is this possible? I would love to do the swap because i dont wanna go to manual tranny but I don't like how the AW4 doesnt allow you to lock it in only 1st gear the 1st and 2nd is one gear. Has anyone done this or know anythinga bout it?
thanks
Corey

theres writeups online so you can lock your aw4 in either 1st or 2nd

A few wheelers up here have cut the power wire to the transmission computer and added in a switch, to turn power off. They say it defaults the transmission in 1st gear. They say it works. I cant reccomend it saying it'll work, im going off hearsay. :dunno:

Thanks alot guys has anyone ever tried this personally?I have been through 2 AW4 because gears and when crawling it shifts when it don't need to and messes the tranny up

Back