• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know I'll catch hell for this...

Pen_Two

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm putting on my flame retardant suit now.:flame:

So today I had a friend of mine who's worked on XJ's for the better part of the last 5 or 6 years look at mine. I have quite a few problems that I need to address...but he said one thing, pointed to another, then showed me something completely different.

He said I needed a new pitman arm (I know what the pitman is though), pointed to what I'm assuming is a tie rod, then showed me a track bar.

Just so I can stop confusing the hell out of myself...can someone please list what each number is for me? Again...I feel pretty stupid for asking, but I'm just waaay too used to FWD cars and not 4WD vehicles.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

P1010067-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
yes a tie rod end is what mates to the pitman arm

Yeah, that's on the list. You should see how bad the wheel bearings are.

I got laid off from my job, and I can't just jump on everything at once with what unemployment is giving me. So I'm going to take it 1 piece at a time.

I hear ya bro, my '89 has got 340,000 miles on it, and I wish it looked like yours underneath! I shouldn't complain though, I bought my 2 door Laredo brand new, and I've wheeled the hell out of it for the last 20 years and I just passed "smog test" on original motor that burns no oil!

I lucked out and the local Advance Auto store has two people with lifted Jeeps and one with is an XJ. He seems to know what he's talking about.

As it stands, I'm starting off with replacing the Track Bar since mine seems to have taken a very healthy dump.

Back