• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone with some 4.5" springs?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
well first I have to ask (I am new to leafs, what a PITA), is it common for the rear pass side to break in first and sag to that side some? I have gone through 2 sets of RC springs. The first set did it, and I called and they sent me a new pair, I tried them and at about 3 months and 2 trails they are now doing the same thing. Both times the rear pass side gave in and started to be lower then the drivers.

Its one of two things I guess... Either super cheapo springs, but was told by RC that they very seldom get warranty req. on them. Or Since its the pass side, that maybe the torque twist that is given to the pass side just is breaking in the pass side first and settling that side to normal height first, and I am not giving it enough time to settle evenly?

Anyone have any idea to this and then more importantly..

ANYONE HAVE A SET OF 4.5" REAR SPRINGS FOR A XJ FOR SALE IN SO CALI IN GOOD/GREAT CONDITION??

Why don't you swap the leafs side to side and see if you still have the lean. Who is RC?

-Mike

Mike L said:
Why don't you swap the leafs side to side and see if you still have the lean. Who is RC?

-Mike

Yeah was thinking of swapping, but for the same amount of work, I might as well maybe get a set that is known to be good.

RC = Rough Country

I can get RE's for 260 new, but thats like 4 days and 40 extra in shipping and tax. So if theres some local and for a fair price then I might as well get them.

ok anyone in OC got a extra long leaf? Not main but if thats what ya got I will cut it if need be...

Rear passenger side. Odd. Your a pretty big guy I would have guessed driver side :D

xXJx said:
Rear passenger side. Odd. Your a pretty big guy I would have guessed driver side :D

No Crap. When I get in it I would figure it to level out also. But nope. When I throttle it, it deffeniently drops in the rear pass corner even more..

So Anyone with a stock spring they need to get rid of or care to let me have one leaf from?

Would like to get it before tomorrow night if poss....

OK SOMEONE PLEASE DELETE this thread.. I am going to post needed stock leaf..

Just for adding to your deleteme thread .. my jeep also leans to the right in the rear, as do many others. It happens from the torque of the motor rolling the jeep over that way off the throttle.

I've noticed people who drive like grandma's have it happen less. :)

I'm not one of those people. I swap my leafs left to right every few months.

cal said:
Just for adding to your deleteme thread .. my jeep also leans to the right in the rear, as do many others. It happens from the torque of the motor rolling the jeep over that way off the throttle.

I've noticed people who drive like grandma's have it happen less. :)

I'm not one of those people. I swap my leafs left to right every few months.

Well to continue it further..

have you heard of just adding a leaf to the pass rear side? Does it help, does it lift it more then the drivers then? Will it still sag after time?

As it happens, I know several guys that run one extra leaf in the right side, usually between the main and second or between the second and third leaf. My bastard pack setup was like that, I ran 7 and 8 leafs.

Just switch the leafs to further break in the other side. It will still sag over time. Unless you drive like a grandma, then it will just take longer to happen. :roflmao:

-Mike

Back