• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

International to Buy Jeep?? XJ Coming Back!!

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
I just read an article in the new JP magazine...It said International was to buy Jeep. They said the Liberty was to die and the Cherokee was to come back!!! Also, a Rubicon package available for Grand Cherokees/Cherokees with a 4.1 transfer case, and front/rear lockers!!!!! They said this was due to GM and Chrysler merging and not wanting vehicles that compete against each other...
They also plan to put solid front axles on all new Jeeps, and the Wrangler plans to go IFS are to be suspended!!! Wahooooooooo!!!!!

:party:

Arghhhh :doh: Since magazines are months ahead in publishing, some are saying this could be the "April fool's" from the writer's/editor....:wow:

I'm sorry everybody.....My day just got pissed on too!!! But if this really is an April Fools Joke, which it most likely is, Wouldn't this be considered slander???

As much as I'd love to buy a new XJ, the line about all new jeeps getting solid front axles gives the joke away... bummer.

It's funny, because I was just daydreaming about buying a factory new XJ today and how I'd jump at the chance.

Back