• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8 CRD diesel swap into XJ in diesel power magazine

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
I was just at 7-11 and Diesel Power magazine has an article on swapping a 2.8 CRD into a XJ. Even lists where they sourced the motor mounts (kept it 4wd too).

I read the article and was really, really, disappointed with it. No tech at all. But that's how I feel about most of the articles in Diesel Power Mag.

I read the article and was really, really, disappointed with it. No tech at all. But that's how I feel about most of the articles in Diesel Power Mag.

ditto. I like the company profiles in the back, military power section, and knowing all 387 reasons why NOT to own a new diesel (thank you water cooled egr, and all the bulky and unreliable emissions components courtesy of the epa)

i was thinking "this article ran a long time ago... are they running it again?"

then i saw the thread was from 2009 :D

i was thinking "this article ran a long time ago... are they running it again?"

then i saw the thread was from 2009 :D

There are companies now offering this as a bolt in for the TJ, also a company in canada offers the VW 1.9TDI as a swap into the TJ. I love my Grand!

Oh, ok. I thought you were talking about selling it to get a Tahoe or something else larger for the family. I must be mistaken than.

Actually, your memory is great. I was trying to sell and pick up a tahoe, ended up selling my other car and getting a van, so we are good in the family mobile, so I am keeping the Grand.

Back