• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who in SD are going to KOH?

I would be nice to carovan because i know i would get lost, Iv never been there before.

It's pretty easy to find, you really can't miss it. You can Mapquest Boone Rd and Old Woman Springs Rd in Johnson Valley, plus there are directions on the King of the Hammers website in the spectator information section. Once you turn on Boone Rd (it only goes to the north) you can't miss it from there, just drive a few miles to the lakebed and the RV city that will be there. :)

It's pretty easy to find, you really can't miss it. You can Mapquest Boone Rd and Old Woman Springs Rd in Johnson Valley, plus there are directions on the King of the Hammers website in the spectator information section. Once you turn on Boone Rd (it only goes to the north) you can't miss it from there, just drive a few miles to the lakebed and the RV city that will be there. :)
Thanks man, ill figure it one way or another.

And wants to carovan up there?

When you leaving? I've been to JV a bunch of times. But probably won't be leaving until Thur night or Fri morning so I can see race day, and then go play around Sat morning.

Thanks man, ill figure it one way or another.

I set this up for the 10th Annual SoCalXJ.com Jamboree at JV (that's happening two weeks after KOH):
http://www.tinyurl.com/jvdirections

That's the road out to the usual camping spot in JV. If you want custom directions, single click on the little green camp icon and then "get directions" to here from your place.

The camping set up is still not finalized.
I'm not sure they will have enough room in the alloted space.

That's a joke right? Or are they doing some official burning man/nascar style camping spots? I just figured it was going to be like any other thing out at JV. It's the desert, camp wherever.

When you leaving? I've been to JV a bunch of times. But probably won't be leaving until Thur night or Fri morning so I can see race day, and then go play around Sat morning.
I was think wensday morning or night. I will not go during to day, I hate the traffic. If you decide to leave wensday or thursday ill follow you up.

I was think wensday morning or night. I will not go during to day, I hate the traffic. If you decide to leave wensday or thursday ill follow you up.

Earliest I would go would be Thursday night. Yeah, during the day pretty much sucks. Although, if you get out of town anytime before noon, you're usually OK.

That's a joke right? Or are they doing some official burning man/nascar style camping spots? I just figured it was going to be like any other thing out at JV. It's the desert, camp wherever.

Yep, burning man style main camp setup. There will be vendor areas and areas set aside for race admin stuff, plus main race camp is also one of the pit locations, so each team gets assigned an area for their main camp/main pit location. We don't know quite yet how it's going to be, we might not know exactly until we get there. We're anticipating that we can't have all of our group in the pit location, but we'll have to figure it out when we get better details or when we get out there. It also looks like they are going to set up general camping areas leaving isles for fire and emergency access.

There will likely need to be some cell phone communication with folks out there, so you folks coming out for race day know where to find us. We'll post up info as we get it.

Earliest I would go would be Thursday night. Yeah, during the day pretty much sucks. Although, if you get out of town anytime before noon, you're usually OK.

alright ill follow you up if you dont mind. Where are you going to be camping?

Well if you guys are leaving Thursday, you mind if I tag along? I was planning on cutting out of work early and heading up to beat rush hour, get out of san diego at 2ish....but I'm flexible...particularly if I have a lead. =)

Well if you guys are leaving Thursday, you mind if I tag along? I was planning on cutting out of work early and heading up to beat rush hour, get out of san diego at 2ish....but I'm flexible...particularly if I have a lead. =)
If sure that wouldnt be a problem. dont you and Mike live in the same area? BTW i am taking the XJ, its finally registerd!

alright ill follow you up if you dont mind. Where are you going to be camping?

No problemo. We can caravan. I was just planning on playing the camp site by ear. Especially since they are organizing camp spots this year. Not sure what to expect when we get there. We can try and find a spot within the group, or just go off and find a place close by the group but out of the mess. It's a pretty big place.

I think usually by 2 it's too late. You'll miss SD traffic, but you'll hit the traffic in the other counties most of the way there. Might as well wait out the traffic at home or work. Especially since I was planning on working a full day Thur, heading home, eating dinner, loading up the Jeep, then going. We'll get in real late at night, but there shouldn't be any traffic. I'm flexible too. I can see about doing a half day Thur. If you want to try and miss traffic. Be on the road by noon.

Yep, burning man style main camp setup. There will be vendor areas and areas set aside for race admin stuff, plus main race camp is also one of the pit locations, so each team gets assigned an area for their main camp/main pit location. We don't know quite yet how it's going to be, we might not know exactly until we get there. We're anticipating that we can't have all of our group in the pit location, but we'll have to figure it out when we get better details or when we get out there. It also looks like they are going to set up general camping areas leaving isles for fire and emergency access.

There will likely need to be some cell phone communication with folks out there, so you folks coming out for race day know where to find us. We'll post up info as we get it.

Yeah, let us know what kind of space you guys get. Try and save me a tent spot :D.

Back