• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

King of the Hammers prep work for Team NAXJA

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Damn, this is hard work! :shocked:

:D

But, we're getting there. It's unbelievable how much work there is to do to get the rigs ready, and both rigs are already ready to go wheel on any weekend. We're trying to pay attention to the details, make everything stronger and reliable, and meet the rules.

Both Dave's and my new shocks are working well. I found some heat issues we've had to address, we just never run that hard for that long so never see the kind of heat we're generating.

Again, thanks to Russ for building us a new motor. Cal and Mike have each been up for a couple weekends just to work on the rig, I don't know how to thank them, I'd be in trouble without their help.

We have one more weekend to work on it, and we have to virtually rebuild the front axle. It needs an axle seal, new upper ball joints, rebuild the CTM u-joints, and we're going to lock the air locker in the spool position. We also need to make the new skins and put on the stickers, reinforce a couple more control arm mounts, replace some bolts, tighten every bolt on the rig and mark them with torque strip.

My wife is ready for this race to be over........ :twak: :D

:cheers:

This race is going to be goooooooood!

I hope so... I am just concerned about the rain, since I will be in my topless rig, and knowing where the hell to go to actually enjoy and see some good action, as a spectator...

I hope so... I am just concerned about the rain, since I will be in my topless rig, and knowing where the hell to go to actually enjoy and see some good action, as a spectator...

Be sure to look at the spectator page on the King of the Hammers web site. There is some info there, and will be more as the race gets closer.

You have a rain coat, don't you? :D

Rich if you need a third hand let me know...

I'll be working on it all day Thurs, Fri, and most of Sat, so call me. :)

661-706-1600

There are some major things that must be done, then there are things that would be good to get done. One thing is that I want to change all of my beadlock bolts. The hex head bolts tend to gouge, and possibly cut the tires when the tire folds over against the rim. I found torx head bolts the right size, which have a smaller button head and can't gouge the tire, so I need to change them all out. Plus we need to replace both upper ball joints and rebuilt the CTM's, and make the new skins and install them, and tighten and mark every bolt on the rig.

Ill be in dumont this thurs-monday, but if you need help before or after im free every afternoon/evening.
203-9954

Richard, did you ever get any more speed out of your rig? It's gotta be the weight of your tire/wheel combo...

I'll be running one of the Interco Tire remote pits. If you need anything, I'll be there...even though you don't have Interco on your junk :D

Good luck to you and Dave.

-Dan

Richard, did you ever get any more speed out of your rig? It's gotta be the weight of your tire/wheel combo...

I'll be running one of the Interco Tire remote pits. If you need anything, I'll be there...even though you don't have Interco on your junk :D

-Dan

You do know that Dave is looking for some 37" stickies don't you?
;)

-Dan

Dan, that's what we all figure. It's the only explanation we can come up with. We have 650 lbs of tire and wheel, that's a LOT of weight. We've spoke to a couple guys with 350 SBC's and 40's and they can only go 65 mph, we can go 62.5 mph. Looks like we need a ton more horsepower or some lighter 37's.

We'll find you and talk before the race. It makes a big difference to us if Dave and Garry get in, two cars instead of one brings up many more potential pit scenarios. Thanks for the offer.

Back