• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some advice.....

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
I finally have gathered up enough pieces (i think) to add some lift to my 97 xj. I have v-6 t-bird coils, yj and mj shocks, and a variety of leafs to beef up the rear. Now, I am looking to add some lift, but also make it haul more weight, because i am eventually going to add a winch and bumper, possibly a tire carrier, and of course all my gear. I am also planning to add a set of yj fender flares to add clearance as well. What my question is, is there anything i'm forgetting? I already made a set of swaybar disconects, and currently am running a daystar 1.5" bb with shackles, that of which i won't be using the coil spacers. I also am running 31x10.5x15's which are on the truck as we speak. And as you could probably tell, I would like to keep this on a decent budget. Am I going in the right direction or is this the wrong way to go about this? I do intend to run moderate trails with the thing, and it will partake in some dd duties as well. Thank you in advance for your input.

You might need a sye for the tc. And that combo of parts is probably going to ride like ass. You might not care, but just letting you know.

Sounds like you have a good plan and have thought it through. I have never run the T-bird coils so I can't comment there. Just remember a real stiff set of leaves will not compress very well so you will be relying on droop in the rear.

Its very hard to build the perfect "all-around" rig and even harder to give advice on one.

for the leaves, i have 3/4 ton mains out of a 73 dodge, which are actually flexable and don't have a hellish arch, and some camero springs as well. i am not exactly sure what combo i will use, but i'm not too worried about ride per se, but it can't be any worse than it is now. what brake lines would you suggest to use for that amount of lift? i work at a parts store so that isn't going to be too big of a deal to get anything....

Back