• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PORC SYE leak

jerseyjeep01

NAXJA Forum User
I just noticed I have a large leak coming from the output shaft of my PORC sye. Its soaking everything under the truck. The sye is only 6 months old! This shouldn't happen this early. Has anyone else had an issue with the output shaft seal on their sye? I found the seal at PORC for $5.99, but when I go to checkout they want $13.79 for shipping LOL!! I'm gonna call tomorrow and see it they will send one out since the kit is not that old.

i had some issues with the seal leaking as well. When i called they offered to send one out for free but i was in too much of a rush to wait. I got a replacement at napa and it has held up fine, maybe they just use cheap seals? Check to make sure you're driveline isn't vibrating, i've heard that can take out seals quick, along with bearing soon after, i also put some light grease or ATF on my seal when i install it....

Mike

yeah had the same problem with mine, got a new seal from napa and problem solved.

unfortunately i have no idea where i wrote it down, and that was a long time ago! I think i found it on here actually...i think it was napa pn 18662 but dont quote me on that.

Mike

I used the info on this thread to get a replacement seal since the one that came with the kit is now leaking after 3 years.

My question is how the hell do you get that old seal out? I've yanked on it pretty good and it isn't budging. I'm trying not to pry it out by leveraging it on the aluminum tailcone housing because I don't want to mar it on the mating surface. I don't have to remove the tailcone do I? Any help is appreciated.

thanks!

Back