• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please help with a few problems

lsc910

NAXJA Forum User
Well today I swapped a tilt column into my 88 cherokee and I'm having some problems.The stock column was a standard column with just low/hi wipers. The new one has tilt and intermitten wipers. Both columns came from 88 model years but I'm have a few problems. My first issue is that the wipers work some times, when I turn to the left it doesn't return, no hazards and the shift interlock is out of adjustment.The funny thing with the wipers is that when you push for wash it works until you turn the intermitten part on. After a few minutes If you have them on low they suddenly come on. Second problem is probably just a return spring. The third is when I ht the hazard button there is no flashers and I know the flashers worked prior to the swap. The last thing That boggles my mind is the interlock. When you push the shifter all the way forward it locks and is very hard to push the button on the shifter to go into any other gear. Hopefully someone can give me some input on these issues I'm having and thank you all in advance.

Well I fixed the wiper problem. For anyone interested I found out that between the wires you need this little black box which is for the intermitten wipers. The shift interlock is out of wack due to the fact that the cable has to be just right for it to work right.Hopefully when I replace the turn signal switch the hazzards work.

Back