• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damn...first traffic ticket ever in CA

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
in 02 I got a fix it ticket for window tint (so I dont count that). this morning I got my first traffic ticket. Today, 21461(a) CVC for making an illegal left turn. I dont have money for this crap. :flamemad:

in 02 I got a fix it ticket for window tint (so I dont count that). this morning I got my first traffic ticket. Today, 21461(a) CVC for making an illegal left turn. I dont have money for this crap. :flamemad:
Shouldn't have turned illegally...;)

I barely missed a light in high school and the cop followed me into the parking lot to pull me over and ticket me there, in front of everybody, blocking traffic for that section of the lot. Sucked.

Josh,

I recently got my first ticket since before you started driving. Left turn also and on my way to church even.
I stopped at the light, waited and looked both ways to be sure all was safe and made my turn.
Not good when you're stopped next to a CHP and the light is still RED! :doh:

Cost me $400- including all the add on fees!

F.W.I.W. AAA has an online traffic school for under $20-.

Mike

Josh,

I recently got my first ticket since before you started driving. Left turn also and on my way to church even.
I stopped at the light, waited and looked both ways to be sure all was safe and made my turn.
Not good when you're stopped next to a CHP and the light is still RED! :doh:

F.W.I.W. AAA has an online traffic school for under $20-.

Mike

wow stiff penalties down there! and traffic school for what?

You may be allowed one minor traffic ticket before your insurance rates can be raised. Going to traffic school "hides" your record from the insurance co. But you can only go once every 18 months, so if you mess up again, you loose.
If your insurance co wants to they can still find out that you have a conviction on your record, but no points will be assigned to your record. It can't hurt to show up in court and fight it. If the cop doesn't show, you walk. If he/she does then you might be able to argue that you weren't wrong. At least it can't be any worse if you go to court. In fact, you could have an attorney go for you and you wouldn't even have to be there. But being realistic, if you were wrong I suggest just doing traffic school and chock it up to bad luck.

or you can show up with a box of pictures and graphs and diagrams and stuff and hope they get scared of being embarrased in front of all their cop friends, so the cop just dismisses it.. thats what my aunt has done like 3 times, and never had to pay lol.

You may be allowed one minor traffic ticket before your insurance rates can be raised. Going to traffic school "hides" your record from the insurance co. But you can only go once every 18 months, so if you mess up again, you loose.

wow,a fine like that is like $140 up here and if you pay it within 30 days you get a discount, and you are allowed one a year penalty free, over one a year they tack on $115 per event to your annual insurance cost, as well as premium points payable on your b-day, no traffic school crap though.

or you can show up with a box of pictures and graphs and diagrams and stuff and hope they get scared of being embarrased in front of all their cop friends, so the cop just dismisses it.. thats what my aunt has done like 3 times, and never had to pay lol.

Or she could just take all the energy wasted putting the reports together and focus it on driving properly and she wouldn't have to do that. :)

Josh,

I recently got my first ticket since before you started driving.

Mike
Heads up guys. It looks like the cost of a ticket may have gone WAY UP (3x) to around $1000-.
So fight that thing and at least complain about the punishment fitting the "crime" and if enough people show up in court they might not be able to process them all, and . . .

I really hope I'm wrong though.

Just a heads up i recently got the same ticket but for illegal u turn it was just under 300 and in the oc they don't let u do online traffic school.

The court bail schedule in San Diego puts 21461(a) VC -failure to obey black and white regulatory sign violations, at $35 plus court fees assuming no priors. I seem to remember one not too long ago going tor about $200 out the door. The fine amount on a ticket is set by the court, ie: not the city or state.

Last edited:
Yea, those redlight camera's are awful. I got one 5 years ago, when there was only one camera in all of Upland. The bad part of it was, my dad was in the passenger seat saying "GO GO GO, YOU CAN MAKE IT!" LoL.

Mine was $300 and I had to attend a driving school at the police course (another $300) at the 215/15. Cant remember what it was called.

Back