• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ever stacked short & long AALs?

tuckerh

NAXJA Forum User
Probably a little rough but was just wondering if anyone had tried. Trying to save $$ on my way to 5 or 6 in lift.

4.5 inch packs and 1.5 shackle there ya go. Your kidneys will like you more if you go that way!

i would think it would get him in the 5-6 range though wouldn't it? I have no real experience with shackles so i was just assuming that. I guess i was wrong!

Well if the shackle is advertised as providing 1.5" lift or is advertised as just being 1.5" longer, those two descriptions are entirely different.

If advertised as being 1.5" longer than a stock shackle that means you will get half of that in lift height (granted your shackle angle is perfectly at a 45* angle)

If advertised as 1.5" lift, then you will probably get that or very close to that in lift.

Well if the shackle is advertised as providing 1.5" lift or is advertised as just being 1.5" longer, those two descriptions are entirely different.

If advertised as being 1.5" longer than a stock shackle that means you will get half of that in lift height (granted your shackle angle is perfectly at a 45* angle)

If advertised as 1.5" lift, then you will probably get that or very close to that in lift.

Ahh! I see what you are saying like i said i am a noob when it comes to shackles!

You could make a bastard pack with S-10/Dakota/XJ leaves, build/buy some U-bolt eliminators, and find a set of shackles..Should flex pretty good and not ride too bad..

(puts flame hat on)

when i did my first lift i was going to do a 3 inch rustys AAL. well i didn't want them to sag. so i did 2, 3 inch AALs on each side. figured it would give me 3 inches and wouldn't sag. well it ended up giving me 6 inches.

now people would think it rides horrible. but it actually rides better them some of my friends YJs with full packs, and cherokees with full packs in the rear. actually clears 38s pretty good..and for those of you who dont think itll flex

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/iwishihad1/n1563690294_30466154_7826.jpg
rear tire just lifted
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/iwishihad1/n1563690294_30466157_9198.jpg

ive wheeled it pretty hard for 2+ years on everything from 30s to 38s without ever doing anything with the rear, and ive liked it

after putting a lot of work into the front though, im moving to the rear soon. thinking of RK rear coil conversion

Back