• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diff covers

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
im planning on ordering an aussie locker for my hp30, anyways i want a nice cover to protect the investment. im looking for around 100$. any opinion on what i should get?? also..im looking at the Solid 30 cover for 80$..

The solid is a great choice too. If you caught them on sale recently even better I got 2 for less than $125 shipped

The solid is a great choice too. If you caught them on sale recently even better I got 2 for less than $125 shipped

nah...i friggin wish..altho they are still on sale, but not for 65, they are 80 right now

Yup, I use ruff stuff w/counter sinks. Just make sure you get a good hex bit or a craftsman, cuz I've already twisted 2 of them putting the cover on...then again, maybe I shouldn't torque them down as much.

hmm i like the riddler cover also....

have to give it to RuffStuff, one for being a vendor on here, the other for just having outstanding customer service... on the off chance you ever need it.

a cast dif guard looks nice, and I like the lifetime guarantee, but I figure a 3/8" plate isn't about to chip, crack or otherwise fail... unless you drop the heep off a cliff and it lands dif cover first on another rock. nah, RuffStuff's would probably handle that too.

another vote for ruffstuff. plus if u wanna mount somethnig off the cover, u can weld to it, unlike other cast covers, such as SOLID (at least that was a big reason for me)

This is the only way to go IMO. I would love to see someone who has managed to break a ruffstuff cover, I believe the one for my 8.25 weighed in at 13lbs.:worship:

-Alex

RS D30 weighs 10lbs. :D

DSCF0699a.jpg

DSCF0700a.jpg

I agree steel is stronger than cast and it is noce to be able to weld to it but I got my D30 cover for $50 and my D44 cover for $65 and those are both the price for them to me. I got the D30 cover off a buddy who got it from his wife but went to a D44 front and D60 rear. SO 2 Solid covers for $115 shipped!

I just received my Solid for the d30, very beefy, while it is cast i think it would need quite a hit to shatter. But the on sale price was the deciding factor.

X1000 on the Ruff Stuff diff covers. I bought the 8.25 with countersunk bolts and love it. I plan on buying one for each diff on my next Cherokee this spring.

By the way, I used some lube lockers (www.lubelocker.com) and found them to be the best way to go with those heavy diff covers.

2666735_28.jpg

Just look at that beef!

Back