PDA

View Full Version : Trail Difficulties/Requirements...?

5spd_xj
February 7th, 2009, 21:38
Just wondering, because I've never been to the park before. I looked quick on the site and didn't see anything staring me in the face, so I figured this would be as good a place as any other to ask... For RC, generally speaking what are the requirements to run each level of trail, as far as tire size, open/open open/locked locked/locked, winch, etc etc...?

Andy in Pa.
February 7th, 2009, 21:58
I am going to be as general as I can in answering this, only because I have wheeled with MANY folks that I consider the "exception to the rule"

This is what I consider (conservatively) the minimum for each trail level.

Greens:
stock Jeep

Blues:
3" and 31" tires, one locker recommended

Blacks:
4" and 33" tires, two lockers/gears recommended, possible damage to Jeep(dents, broken parts), winch recommended

Reds:
6" and 35" tires, two lockers/gears/spares, possible damage to Jeep (dents, broken parts), winch highly recommended

5spd_xj
February 8th, 2009, 05:17
cool, more or less exactly what I was looking for :) Thanks. I'm thinking I'll do mostly blacks, and if my Jeep gets there on a trailer, absolutely the reds as well
:firedevil:firedevil

any of you other PA folks agree/disagree with Andy's guidelines?

Thanks again

xalexjx
February 8th, 2009, 05:57
for raush's ratings thats about it. A lot of it also matters on the driving skills. Ill be there in may some time running the reds :-)

also an atv park getting into ohv's

http://www.rockrunrecreation.com/

some of the harder trails

http://robertkosinski.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p655874705-3.jpg

http://robertkosinski.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p597145835-3.jpg

http://robertkosinski.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p719547042-3.jpg

http://robertkosinski.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p546324639-3.jpg

5spd_xj
February 8th, 2009, 07:55
Damn, I really need to get my jeep done!! Nice pics

MrShaft696
February 9th, 2009, 05:08
I think what Andy wrote is pretty accurate, though I have probably run every blue trail in the park 31s and open/open at one time, so I wouldn't be worried if you dont have a locker. As long as you have some lift & decent tires you can get through most of it & there are alot of bypasses. So locker reccomended but not required.

5spd_xj
February 9th, 2009, 05:35
gotcha. i'm locked/locked and 35+ tires so i was wondering more about the black and reds...thanks for your input though :) I'm sure there are others who will find it helpful

Andy in Pa.
February 9th, 2009, 08:07
As long as you have some lift, decent tires and some off road driving/rock crawling skills, you can get through most of it & there are alot of bypasses.

Like I said, I have wheeled with many folks I consider an "Exception to the Rules".....

(yep, just felt the air pressure change, Chris's head must be swelling....)

MrShaft696
February 9th, 2009, 09:01
Like I said, I have wheeled with many folks I consider an "Exception to the Rules".....

well knowing you should be wheeling in 4low is a good start then point the wheel where you want to go right?

haha well lack of skills and knowledge can be made up by a viable spotter in some situations, but if LISTENING falls into the category of "the exception to the rules people" your just screwed, because "you just cant fix stupid".

Rob Mayercik
February 9th, 2009, 09:10

His, or mine (considering I've done nearly every blue at 2", 30s, and open/open).

Driver ability and a good spotter are key - in many instances, to quote the song, "it's not what you got, it's how you use it."

MrShaft696
February 9th, 2009, 11:12

when i drive my jeep down the street womens clothes blow right off

Andy in Pa.
February 9th, 2009, 11:28
"it's not what you got, it's how you use it."

My favorite is "Its not the size of the ship, its the motion of the ocean"....

....oh wait..... nevermind.... I guess that doesn't apply here....

Andy in Pa.
February 9th, 2009, 11:30
when i drive my jeep down the street womens clothes blow right off

Wow, you and Rob must really "Know how to use it" ....:D:D:D

5spd_xj
February 9th, 2009, 13:47
Who knew I started a thread that would have so many such references? lol

ktm racer 419
February 10th, 2009, 06:47
I'll be there for the comp on saturday but likely to be wheeling with my club the next day.

those creeps have completed about 75% of the reds there. I wan't you to finish the 25% of the harder reds on em' for me!

5spd_xj
February 10th, 2009, 08:13
Lol, actually I need to update my signature! sold them to a guy in my club because my jeep's under the knife currently, and he needed something to get him by for awhile. I loved those tires though, kind of considering dropping the money for a new set when taxes come in...we'll see

ktm racer 419
February 10th, 2009, 12:04
then you fail

Begster
February 10th, 2009, 12:56
Blacks:
4" and 33" tires, two lockers/gears recommended, possible damage to Jeep(dents, broken parts), winch recommended

Reds:
6" and 35" tires, two lockers/gears/spares, possible damage to Jeep (dents, broken parts), winch highly recommended

Alright, I have at least a 6 inch lift (7.5" coils, and 6.5 leafs), and but I have 33's. I have 44's F&R both trussed, with Chromo shafts F&R, OX F&R, just ordered a winch, but the only spares I have are spare stub shafts for the front, spare u-joints, spare drive slugs and thats about it. I can't carry spare rear shafts unless I buy new chromos because of my 5x5.5 bolt pattern, and stocks wont work.

Would I still be able to run reds?

Andy in Pa.
February 10th, 2009, 13:51
Alright, I have at least a 6 inch lift (7.5" coils, and 6.5 leafs), and but I have 33's. I have 44's F&R both trussed, with Chromo shafts F&R, OX F&R, just ordered a winch, but the only spares I have are spare stub shafts for the front, spare u-joints, spare drive slugs and thats about it. I can't carry spare rear shafts unless I buy new chromos because of my 5x5.5 bolt pattern, and stocks wont work.

lol... yes... as long as your OK with a little "bump and grind"....

billyjp2
February 10th, 2009, 14:23

you might have to bolt the other rockslider on

ROBZ95Xj
February 10th, 2009, 17:43
for m it depends if my jeep gets trailerd or not(the blue jeep) if it gets trailerd, breakage/rollover wont be a problem

MrShaft696
February 11th, 2009, 04:28
for m it depends if my jeep gets trailerd or not(the blue jeep) if it gets trailerd, breakage/rollover wont be a problem

yeah may be a problem if you jeep still has its "convertion" aka ConverSion. But I saw the hover on youtube, and you spelled it funny everywhere, and that feature could be useful through parts of the park.

5spd_xj
February 11th, 2009, 06:11
then you fail

yeah yeah yeah. if *someone* hadn't worn down the tread so much, i'd probably have kept em for this season... :kissyou:

ROBZ95Xj
February 11th, 2009, 14:49
yeah may be a problem if you jeep still has its "convertion" aka ConverSion. But I saw the hover on youtube, and you spelled it funny everywhere, and that feature could be useful through parts of the park.

everyone who know mw, knows that i have terrible grammer and spelling

foxwar71
February 11th, 2009, 16:46
rob, this could be a great time to fully deck the jeep with hover convertion stickers and such. after this event, itll become a common place mod and gain tons of interest, and itll all be thanks to you

ROBZ95Xj
February 11th, 2009, 18:52
rob, this could be a great time to fully deck the jeep with hover convertion stickers and such. after this event, itll become a common place mod and gain tons of interest, and itll all be thanks to you

dont worry, will be ordering stickers soon, and will also be getting a mr fusion

foxwar71
February 11th, 2009, 19:06
will the jeep make it to 88mph though?

ROBZ95Xj
February 11th, 2009, 19:12
will the jeep make it to 88mph though?

i need a train to push it to 88

knuckle_buster
February 12th, 2009, 09:47
i need a train to push it to 88

Well, since you probably won't be able to find that special firelog that DOC made to give the train that extra kick, you could run a bottle in the jeep!

N.O.S is cool :scottm:

5spd_xj
February 12th, 2009, 10:17
i almost put nos in mine as a joke...had gotten a bottle in a trade for a few different things, and was gonna install just for kicks :D but, i figured i broke stuff often enough, no need for that hah

Rob Mayercik
February 13th, 2009, 09:29
dont worry, will be ordering stickers soon, and will also be getting a mr fusion

And what are you going to fuel the Mr. Fusion with? You'll be drinking the beer...:laugh2:

ROBZ95Xj
February 13th, 2009, 14:55
And what are you going to fuel the Mr. Fusion with? You'll be drinking the beer...:laugh2:

actually will be makin my own mr fusion out of 4"pvc tube

asp
February 14th, 2009, 08:46
would i be ok on reds at 4" lift, 34" LTBs locked fr, r, winch, spare shafts at all 4 corners, spare steering, etc? (steering is stock and will probably still be stock come this time, if i can go and if i can't get the WJ swap done yet) i should have my unibody reinforcement done at this point too...

i'm ok with beating it, but i will have to drive it back...

knuckle_buster
February 15th, 2009, 09:55
would i be ok on reds at 4" lift, 34" LTBs locked fr, r, winch, spare shafts at all 4 corners, spare steering, etc? (steering is stock and will probably still be stock come this time, if i can go and if i can't get the WJ swap done yet) i should have my unibody reinforcement done at this point too...

i'm ok with beating it, but i will have to drive it back...

As far as the steering is concerned, you should have got in on the deal that Andy had on a steering upgrade, and then you would not have to worry at all about bending your stock steering. Now you'll have to carry a spare with you when you run reds. At this point, I would not recomend it with only 4" of lift, but when you make it to NACFEST, talk with the trail guides to see if you really want to tackle the reds.

asp
February 15th, 2009, 21:27
As far as the steering is concerned, you should have got in on the deal that Andy had on a steering upgrade, and then you would not have to worry at all about bending your stock steering. Now you'll have to carry a spare with you when you run reds. At this point, I would not recomend it with only 4" of lift, but when you make it to NACFEST, talk with the trail guides to see if you really want to tackle the reds.

well, i'm not unnaccustomed to beating my jeep and i may or may not have the steering done by then, and i will have spares... so i guess we'll see. i've been told i'm a good driver for what it's worth.

MoparManiac
February 16th, 2009, 13:56
I may or may not try the reds.

I'm locked f/r, 4.88s, stock shafts with full set of spares (both full circle c-clips up front and 760s), fully skidded, spare driveshaft, 5.5" with LAs, but 33" ATs.

I'm fairly experienced, but not an expert by any means.

billyjp2
February 16th, 2009, 14:51
i would say wheel the blacks the first day and if that doesnt satisfy you then run the reds.

i'll follow you guys.

asp
February 17th, 2009, 11:52
i would say wheel the blacks the first day and if that doesnt satisfy you then run the reds.

i'll follow you guys.

that's probably a smart thought.

MrSimon
February 18th, 2009, 05:41
Just wanted to jump in here with my vast vast expereince with wheeling at RC (I've been there once, and it was my first time offroad:wave1:)

Here is what I learned from first day on the trails at RC:

1. Good tires with deep tread make a HUGE difference. I watched a handful of guys with A/Ts spin on stuff that guys with M/Ts went right over.
2. You can do blues with with a little less than Andy recommended - BUT, you will bump and rub quite a bit - and more than likely you'll take a strap once or twice.
3. Rob Mayercik is crazy .... really nice guy, but crazy. His Jeep isn't much bigger than stock but I'm convinced he could get it through reds.

MrShaft696
February 18th, 2009, 13:12
3. Rob Mayercik is crazy .... really nice guy, but crazy. His Jeep isn't much bigger than stock but I'm convinced he could get it through reds.

haha agreed for that or other reasons....

Rob Mayercik
February 19th, 2009, 09:52

Hey, I'm not insane, I'm from New Jersey! :confused1

Reds might be pushing it a little bit, but I have had a couple brushes with the blue-black border in the last year or two. I think I value my (mostly) intact body a bit too much still for reds at my current height, but I thank you for the vote of confidence.

Just goes to show what these trucks can do straight out of the box (or nearly so).

knuckle_buster
February 20th, 2009, 16:30
[quote=Rob Mayercik;244269416]Hey, I'm not insane, I'm from New Jersey! :confused1

Oh, that explains it! :wow:

nhrocker
February 22nd, 2009, 12:39
Hm, discussing trail difficulties already? :cool:

I'll have to get my XJ down there so I can get you "RC locals" opinions of what it can handle... :D

(Mind you I said what IT can handle and not the driver, we all know I suck behind the wheel... :rolleyes: )

Even though it's been down most of the time since the last NACfest I made it to, it's seen some "improvements" while parked.

Andy in Pa.
February 22nd, 2009, 14:54
Hm, discussing trail difficulties already? :cool:

I'll have to get my XJ down there so I can get you "RC locals" opinions of what it can handle... :D

(Mind you I said what IT can handle and not the driver, we all know I suck behind the wheel... :rolleyes: )

Even though it's been down most of the time since the last NACfest I made it to, it's seen some "improvements" while parked.

Sounds good!! Bring it on down, you should see some of the crazy stuff RC has now...

nhrocker
February 22nd, 2009, 15:21
Sounds good!! Bring it on down, you should see some of the crazy stuff RC has now...

It would be nice to actually wheel this thing... How crazy are we talking? Cause I'm still running one of the most polished 30's I've ever seen and I've gotta drive this thing there and back. :D (not that it ever stopped me before...:shhh:)

Did get rid of the gas tank, so I won't be slamming down on that again. And guess what power steering line blew again the other day? Waiting on a new pulley, figured since I'm tossing a freshly rebuilt pump in (last one died when it ran dry cause of the blown hose...) a nice 4.5" aluminum pulley would be a nice addition. With my "high steer" I could already go lock to lock with my 33's with just my fingertips. Should be even easier with the smaller pulley.

Andy in Pa.
March 3rd, 2009, 12:36
It would be nice to actually wheel this thing... How crazy are we talking? Cause I'm still running one of the most polished 30's I've ever seen and I've gotta drive this thing there and back. :D (not that it ever stopped me before...:shhh:)

HAAHAA.... no worries, I'll get you through....:firedevil

5spd_xj
March 4th, 2009, 04:32
What's your definition of "through"?? :wierd:

Andy in Pa.
March 4th, 2009, 06:12
What's your definition of "through"?? :wierd:

Lets see... the last time Rob was down for NAC-Fest, he drove home with his pass side UCA ripped off the axle and waving in the breeze..... BUT... he got "through"....:D:D:D

Does that help??

5spd_xj
March 4th, 2009, 06:54
Odd how I just KNEW it would be along those lines...but hey. through is through!! :D

ROBZ95Xj
March 4th, 2009, 07:06
Lets see... the last time Rob was down for NAC-Fest, he drove home with his pass side UCA ripped off the axle and waving in the breeze..... BUT... he got "through"....:D:D:D

Does that help??

cant forget the first nac fest he was at, how long did it take before we were changing a frt axle shaft

ROBZ95Xj
March 4th, 2009, 07:07
Odd how I just KNEW it would be along those lines...but hey. through is through!! :D

Andy can get you through anything, just make sure your rig is up to the task

5spd_xj
March 4th, 2009, 07:12
I've heard of his legendary spotting skills. I hope to one day put them to use!

lobsterdmb
March 4th, 2009, 07:46
cant forget the first nac fest he was at, how long did it take before we were changing a frt axle shaft

Good thing I had that spare for him to borrow :laugh3:

Andy in Pa.
March 4th, 2009, 08:02

LOL...Yeah... and that was my first experience with an ECTED locker... if that thing was truly LOCKED, it would have just crawled right up over that spot...

That was at PAP too, man I miss that place. RC is great, but some of the black/red trails at PAP would take you ALL DAY to run...

5spd_xj
March 4th, 2009, 08:06
I never got to Paragon :( :( :( ruins my day just thinking about it!! heh

ROBZ95Xj
March 4th, 2009, 08:14
LOL...Yeah... and that was my first experience with an ECTED locker... if that thing was truly LOCKED, it would have just crawled right up over that spot...

That was at PAP too, man I miss that place. RC is great, but some of the black/red trails at PAP would take you ALL DAY to run...

that was my only experience at PAP, day 2&3 were spent riding with Pete, that was a blast but also very scary at times

Justpunchit
March 10th, 2009, 16:57
I've never been to RC before so I registered for the Reds... I hope there still fun at least but how crazy are the blacks? I've got a front locker and a winch... I MIGHT be able to get my rear locker together again by the time we leave but I dunno..... hmm... should I signed up for blacks?

Andy in Pa.
March 10th, 2009, 17:25
I've never been to RC before so I registered for the Reds... I hope there still fun at least but how crazy are the blacks? I've got a front locker and a winch... I MIGHT be able to get my rear locker together again by the time we leave but I dunno..... hmm... should I signed up for blacks?

You may have the trail designations mixed up. Red trails are the hardest, then Blacks, which are typically just "hard", then Blues which are "moderate", then Greens which are technical fire roads (the easiest). RC even has a few "Purple" trails. These are not quite a Blue, but not quite a Black.

If you have a rear locker and "some skills" I would say you won't have any trouble handling blacks. If you don't get your rear locker in, Blacks will be more of a challenge, but you'll be OK. You may want to start out on Blues, then work your way up.

5spd_xj
March 10th, 2009, 17:27
I'm planning on running a few blacks to start, then moving up from there... locked f/r, 4.88s, 36" sxs and a winch, not afraid of body damage...should i bother with the blacks? :laugh3: :D

Andy in Pa.
March 10th, 2009, 17:33
I'm planning on running a few blacks to start, then moving up from there... locked f/r, 4.88s, 36" sxs and a winch, not afraid of body damage...should i bother with the blacks? :laugh3: :D

LOL... Do you have a cage?:D:D:D:D

MrShaft696
March 10th, 2009, 17:39

youll have fun both places, im sure whatever group is running reds will be runing black as there arent a heck of a lot of them.

ktm racer 419
March 10th, 2009, 17:47
Green: dirt roads to light mud and small rocks.

Rig reccomendations for green trails: stock with 4wd and 1 tow point just incase.

Blue: light trails, rock gardens, possibly mud, technical sections.

Rig reccomendations for blue trails: 31" tires or larger, ability to disconnect swaybars, at least one tow point.

Black: technical rock gardens, possibility of deep mud, difficult hillclimbs, body damage likely, rollovers/flops possible.

Rig reccomendations for black trails: 33" offroad tires (all terrains or better)or larger, one locker, transfer case skid plate, other armor reccomended. front and rear tow points.

Red: intense hillclimbs, extrememly technical rock sections, body damage highly likely, increased chance of rollovers/flops.

Rig reccomendations for red trails: 35" offroad tires (mud terrains or better) or larger, 2 lockers, transfer case skid plate, gas tank skid plate, rocker protection, other armor, front and rear tow points.

ktm racer 419
March 10th, 2009, 18:01
maybe these will help yall decide (that and im a vid whore)

here is the upper section of jotters way, (red)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEsT8OJolk

here is upper cv trail (a high red)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irlfV8AgBJMated

random hillclimb near the comp course(black)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pONXiJ8Lss

the gauntlet (cliffside) (red i think)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-lHA4eKKU

Justpunchit
March 10th, 2009, 20:38
You may have the trail designations mixed up. Red trails are the hardest, then Blacks, which are typically just "hard", then Blues which are "moderate", then Greens which are technical fire roads (the easiest). RC even has a few "Purple" trails. These are not quite a Blue, but not quite a Black.

If you have a rear locker and "some skills" I would say you won't have any trouble handling blacks. If you don't get your rear locker in, Blacks will be more of a challenge, but you'll be OK. You may want to start out on Blues, then work your way up.

Ohh you know what, yea I did have them mixed up and from what your saying I think your right I'm good where I am now with my decision. thanks for clearing it up more for me

5spd_xj
March 11th, 2009, 04:32
maybe these will help yall decide (that and im a vid whore)

here is the upper section of jotters way, (red)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEsT8OJolk

here is upper cv trail (a high red)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irlfV8AgBJMated

random hillclimb near the comp course(black)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pONXiJ8Lss

the gauntlet (cliffside) (red i think)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-lHA4eKKU

damn damn damn!! I hate my work and it's youtube hatred :flamemad::flamemad::flamemad:

5spd_xj
March 11th, 2009, 04:33
LOL... Do you have a cage?:D:D:D:D

nope, but that's happening immediately after nacfest... a flop isn't the end of the world:firedevil

STROKER
March 11th, 2009, 18:54
Thats BAD, BAD, BAD if andy is asking that....

STROKER

STROKER
March 11th, 2009, 18:59
I've heard of his legendary spotting skills. I hope to one day put them to use!

no you don't trust me...heehee:):), seriously tho Andy is a great spotter just listen carefully to what he says. I, on the other hand, have to stop BLINDLY saying "yeah lets do that" and "OK" sure.

STROKER

Andy in Pa.
March 11th, 2009, 19:54
no you don't trust me...heehee:):)I, on the other hand, have to stop BLINDLY saying "yeah lets do that" and "OK" sure.
STROKER

Yeah, and I immediately say "Alright, lets do it.... I'll get you through....:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

LOL!!!! " And this is Ben... otherwise known as "The Guinea Pig".....

I was watching KTM's vid of the crack on CV, that brought back some fond memories of wedging your MJ through there...

ktm racer 419
March 11th, 2009, 20:05
Yeah, and I immediately say "Alright, lets do it.... I'll get you through....:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I was watching KTM's vid of the crack on CV, that brought back some fond memories of wedging your MJ through there...

how did ya do on it?

as soon as i was on my side there i no longer could make forward progress so i had to back out.

and pix!?

5spd_xj
March 11th, 2009, 20:26
So exciting... :D

I'm pumped and can't wait to have never wanted a cage more :D :D :D

Andy in Pa.
March 11th, 2009, 20:50
how did ya do on it?

as soon as i was on my side there i no longer could make forward progress so i had to back out.

and pix!?

Not bad, going into the crack he climbed the lower ramp-looking ledge on the drivers side, getting the sidewall of the tire in hard against the rock face (it was a sweet line...) and got the pass. side front tire right through the crack and up on the rock, the drivers side rear was climbing the same ledge, but the pass side rear was stuck in the hole to the right of the crack. We tried a bunch of things to get that pass side tire to climb, but it was just too undercut. We ended up pulling the winch cable (I am REALLY anti-stacking rocks...) and getting him up over that spot, then wedged the bed in HARD in the crack and had to winch again. It is an extremely hard line. Most of the damage to his bed is from that crack...

There are pics and a vid somewhere, Ben probably has them.

ktm racer 419
March 11th, 2009, 21:19
i wanna eventually get my revenge on that section. that was the last obstacle my green jeep attempted.

the only reason i tried it was because i was pissed my shocks were blown out and i couldnt keep traction on the flat climb to the right of it so i was like "hmm what about that?" lol

lobsterdmb
March 12th, 2009, 00:09
Not bad, going into the crack he climbed the lower ramp-looking ledge on the drivers side, getting the sidewall of the tire in hard against the rock face (it was a sweet line...) and got the pass. side front tire right through the crack and up on the rock, the drivers side rear was climbing the same ledge, but the pass side rear was stuck in the hole to the right of the crack. We tried a bunch of things to get that pass side tire to climb, but it was just too undercut. We ended up pulling the winch cable (I am REALLY anti-stacking rocks...) and getting him up over that spot, then wedged the bed in HARD in the crack and had to winch again. It is an extremely hard line. Most of the damage to his bed is from that crack...

There are pics and a vid somewhere, Ben probably has them.

I have the video. If I get a chance, I will post it up. If I remember correctly, that whole adventure was my idea. :viking: That was a fun day where Andy also almost got run over...

STROKER
March 12th, 2009, 03:47
NOT BAD, that sucked that was a winch fest all the way, but i would like to re-attack that.

http://www.strokersjeep.com/NAC-Fest07/nf0744-.jpg

http://www.strokersjeep.com/NAC-Fest07/rob%20under.jpg

and some how rob was always under the thing.

STROKER

altierior
March 12th, 2009, 04:16

at the NAC M&G last spring, it was about two hours before we were pulling my front shafts... :explosion

andy presented me with another chance to upgrade party1:

ROBZ95Xj
March 12th, 2009, 05:04

i got vid from earlier in the day, for some reason its NAC tradition to break things early on the first day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2crK7PEq6-E

ktm racer 419
March 12th, 2009, 07:34
probably the most progress I made on it

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v162/101/91/1363110079/n1363110079_30072538_5760.jpg

i thought i was the only person stupid enough/nutty enough to try to squeeze a full bodied rig through there

Andy in Pa.
March 12th, 2009, 07:46

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v162/101/91/1363110079/n1363110079_30072538_5760.jpg

i thought i was the only person stupid enough/nutty enough to try to squeeze a full bodied rig through there

LOL... no, your just the one stupid enough/nutty enough to try it WITH NO WINCH!!!:D:D

5spd_xj
March 12th, 2009, 08:13
nice tires. ;)

and, Sam... GO RED!! :D

STROKER
March 12th, 2009, 14:23
i got vid from earlier in the day, for some reason its NAC tradition to break things early on the first day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2crK7PEq6-E

Damn premium hubs went to the standards after that.

ahh the memories and Andy's response "Fu*@ing hell" priceless.

STROKER

Victor S.
March 12th, 2009, 16:50

Is that Crawlers Ridge? If so is that going up or down it?

ktm racer 419
March 12th, 2009, 19:33
its cv trail, the upper left line

knuckle_buster
March 13th, 2009, 09:30
[quote=Andy in Pa.;244302886]Yeah, and I immediately say "Alright, lets do it.... I'll get you through....:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And this is the reason I've never heard Andy say to Ben, and I quote!
" you probably did'nt want to do that! "

STROKER
March 13th, 2009, 17:46
And this is the reason I've never heard Andy say to Ben, and I quote!
" you probably did'nt want to do that! "

You may not have heard it but I did.

STROKER

knuckle_buster
March 15th, 2009, 16:03
You may not have heard it but I did.

STROKER

I think he said more along the lines of "that was'nt supposed to happen!"

5spd_xj
March 15th, 2009, 16:42
Usually when bad things happen to my Jeep, I laugh at it for a minute for no apparent reason, then asses the situation. CRACK..."hahah" hmmm. guess I'll change that shaft now. But maybe that's just me, i dunno...

MrSimon
March 16th, 2009, 07:19
So who are the people in this pic. I recognize Andy and I think Rob. Who is everyone else?

White shirt on right = Andy
Green shirt under MJ = ?
Gray shirt in front of MJ = ?
Orange shirt on tree = ?
Red shirt smoking something = Rob?

STROKER
March 16th, 2009, 11:16
So who are the people in this pic. I recognize Andy and I think Rob. Who is everyone else?

White shirt on right = Andy
Green shirt under MJ =ROB aka Skinny pete
Gray shirt in front of MJ = Knuckle Buster aka the Todd
Orange shirt on tree = Keith aka MDXJ
Red shirt smoking something = Rob?

Rob Mayercik
March 19th, 2009, 08:55

Red shirt smoking something = That's me, but I'm not smoking - I'm holding my camera.