• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Name that part

rookcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know the name of the cone shaped part that connects the transmission to the rear drive shaft. I have an '89 4.0L I-6, with MT. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I need to know the name of the cone shaped part that connects the transmission to the rear drive shaft. I have an '89 4.0L I-6, with MT. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

slip yoke housing?? generally the tcase connects to the drievshafts:gee:

slip yoke housing?? generally the tcase connects to the drievshafts:gee:

This is a pic of the piece that broke.

img00033123.jpg

tail cone housing, slip yoke housing. something of the sort

edit: quadratec calls it a rear extension housing

Last edited:
Extension, case rear housing, 231/242 PN 8350 3156. That part number is for the whole housing with the bushing installed, not sure about the seal, it's likely separate, PN 8350 1389
Should be fairly easy to come by, few people if anybody changes the bushing, most replace the whole tail piece.

Last edited:
What t-case do you have 231 or 242? Yes i have both..So find out which one you have.. When you come over for the drive line you can look to see if it is the same..
Man, just like one stop shop

if you dont mind me askin how did you go bout braking it....i ask cause recently i sheared a ujoint and about 50km/h and the DS did its thing cracked that aswell as the output housing and the Tcase it self
my point...make sure you check everything over carefully

i just got it at the local JY for $20 they called it the slipyoke housing also got the output housing

Back