• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oak harbor mechanic help

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a chilton's and I am trying to check the tps. I have no clue what to do.

I mean I know how to use a multi meter. I went through 9 weeks of electronic training through the military.

My issue is I am not sure what connector to remove or how to adjust tps.

Leo, I would give you a hand today, but a got shambuzzled yesterday afternoon and i'm doing a quick pack for san diego tomorrow for the week.

mac

So I thought I figured out how to check my tps. It didn't measure within specs and I noticed. 2 melted wires. So I went out and got a new one. Now xj runs fine and shift correctly.
So I decided to make sure that the new tps was within the voltage readings in chilton's. When I did the voltage was different bbut not within specs. So I put all together went for test drive and it ran fine.

So I still need help to make sure I am within specs or do you think since xj runs fine I should bbe good.

Back