• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front d44 on 86 Wagoneer

jeeper98xj

NAXJA Forum User
so was at the pick and pull today.... came across a 1986 waggy with a d 44 front had a hose coming out of the top of the diff. think its a vacuum line..? umm is there a way to delete this??? i would rebuild it with 4.56 locker yada yada .. good or bad find? they want $200 for the whole thing.... what do you professionals think of my find another words would you put this thing under your XJ? any input would be great.
Dan

The line at the top would be a vent line the goes somwhere in the engine compartment and might have a check vavle at the end, i belive. i know on the Q-tracs in the old wagoneer the they had 3 vavume line from the Q-trac switch in the glove box down to the T-case. My 79 wagoneer has no vacume line at the axle.

Sure it's an 86? Some (83 an 84 iirc) had a CAD and will have some vac lines running to the diff. The cover and diff are also a bit different. These are considered almost worthless to most FSJeepers.

If it is a vent line, then you want to leave it there. Dana didn't add vents to diffs for the fun of it. Though you can move it to the tube or diff cover. Just as long as you have one.

so is it worth it to put d44's front and back form a wagoneer under my xj? can get both for 300 and get them rebuilt and geared for 700 each. is that a good deal? what should i do . im not mr money bags so budget is in mind haha

Back