• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hit Tree..... Need new ideas....?

Helltech4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Was helping a buddy get out of the woods at night and well driving out I hit a tree in the bush wich I couldnt see......4 point harness really helped.... The tree hit on the passenger side piller and smashed the windshield. The conrner of the roof is about 8 inchs in closer to the driver.... So basically I am asking when you build a XJ again what would you do differnt. I am going to look for a 4.0 5speed so I can go with a crawl box. I already have the 44 rear and a 30 non disco HP for the front.. I want to do it all right this time and the XJ is for pure trail... Thinking about going with either intieor or exo cage dont know yet...any ideas would help.?

First idea.....Don't hit trees.:doh:

IMGP0089.jpg

IMGP0088.jpg

cage it and continue driving, that'll buff out...........

actually i would just cage it and keep driving it if it were mine, i've almost flopped my dd many times and it still doesn't scare me from wheeling hard, they're just dents that haven't happened yet :D

dont haul ass in the woods?

beat it back as straight as you can get it put in a new windshield and urathane the crap out of it

Ok. To sum it up, drive slower with the lights on and stop hitting trees. You could always find another Jeep and transfer your stuff to it.

Sometimes i wish Jeep could have made the MJ/XJ's a bit more like a TJ. This would be an easy fix on a TJ, just replace the entire windshield out.

Up to you. If its not a DD, exo it and have more fun. The first dent/ding is the hardest after that, its just fun

Back