• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U turn steering

jimbow912

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of geting the u turn steering I know its price i like the setup it has what do u guys have to say and if u have it tell me what u think.

its an awesome kit from what ive heard, only bad thing i heard is that you have to replace the TREs often. What size tires do you plan on running and how much lift and what front axle?

I have been running the U-Turn for 5 years, I just did the drag link upgrade because the pitman arm end was getting sloppy ( I had the older small tie rod ends). I run 35’s, wheel on rocks in the summer and snow in the winter also a DD. I love the set-up I have no bump steer and do not run a steering damper.
I do notice some tire scrub when all the way locked in parking lot. The only time I have notice a loss of turning radius was when I was running barrel races.
I believe the system is well worth the price.

It shoudlnt be scrubbing at all, if it is your steer ahead is off or your steering stops need to be corrected, but it shouldnt have anything to do with the actual steering kit you choose. Be advised with this kit youll need a custom track bar with a custom mount fabbed up and welded, it can also get slightly tricky in terms of placement for your steering, especially if you're running a stabilizer.

The scrubbing is due to the change in the Ackerman angle caused by the relocated steering arms.
I run a RE Extreme duty track bar, I see no reason that any track bar would not work. No welding or fab required.
There is no need for a stabilizer with this kit. If you want to run a stabilizer it’s just a matter of rotating the supplied bracket until everything clears.
One of the things that make this kit worth the price is the fact that it truly bolt on with no modifications.

Works nice. I have RE hd tracbar with bracket. Bump steer is minimal. The actual difference in angle is less than 1/2 in. at 5in. lift. I might find a flatter pitman or remount lower end if I get bored or picky. No stabilizer necessary for me.

If I could start over I probably would do wj knuckles and brakes.

Back