• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE uppers too wide?

CanMan

NAXJA Forum User
I bought some RE upper fixed arms(RE3781) a few weeks back. I installed the lowers, also fixed, and now on the uppers.

The uppers seem too wide on the axle end. Is this correct, or should I massage them to fit tight? Here are a few pics.

100_2620.jpg

100_2619.jpg

Thanks.

Mine looked the same way when I installed them, I just gunned them down and they pinched in tight. I dont know if its the right way or even recomended but it has worked for me. I've had them on for over four years now and have noticed no ill effects.
Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
Mine looked the same way when I installed them, I just gunned them down and they pinched in tight.
Ryan

X2 on the above. The gap in mine was not as large as yours though. Otherwise, I don't have any issues with the uppers. For some reason, the lower arm passenger side frame bolt keeps coming loose and banging when I go forward after backing up. That's it.

Now that I look at it again, my gap was actually wider, I had to use other longer bolts to get them pulled in to where I could get a nut on the supplied bolts. nothing like the old german torque spec, Gutentight.

Back