• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!!!! AW4 won't drive

-88fleXJ-

NAXJA Forum User
I just got done swaping a 99 AW4 in my 88. I changed all the stuff over that i needed to. NOW when i start it and put it any gear it wont move. it feels like it loads up but wont go anywere. THANKS.

What did you do with the electrical hookups? Did you check the depth of the torque converter before installation? Did you recheck your oil level after the converter filled itself? How much oil did you initially fill and then have to add after the first start up? Was your converter full of oil or empty?

Sorry guys. It turned out the t-case shifter linkage was set up wrong and inbetween gears.

and had to jack up the rear end and let it run in gear to pump the ATF thru the system.:sad1:

Dag nab it, adjusting linkages shouldn't effect anything. Just kidding, but it always seems to be the last thing anyone wants to do with the AW4.

Good Job.

So did you swap over the 99 TCU, or at least the rear speed sensor and rotor? Otherwise, you're going to be upshifting at around 600 rpm.

Back