• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Lift True Heights

jeepster_259

NAXJA Forum User
So, I've always heard that RE lifts give more lift then stated and I see alot of people here posting that with a 2" or 3.5" lift they are getting 4-4.5" of lift.

Well, I have the RE 3.5" Superflex with AAL's in the rear and it comes out to 3.25" in back and 3" in front. I contacted RE to question this and gave them the measurement of the installed front coil (14.5" top to bottom) and they said that installed height was correct.

My jeep is a 98 Classic, A/T, 4 door with no heavy bumpers or winch, etc. I'm just wondering why everyone else seems to claim higher than stated lift heights and mine is lower. BTW, it's been at this height since installation about 5 months ago.

It's not really an issue as I've cut the fenders to accomodate my 33's. More curiosity than anything else.

Can someone who has the same lift measure their installed coil height just to compare to mine?

I can't give you measurements because I no longer have that Jeep. I ran the RE 3.5" Superflex with full leaves and it was definitely near the equivalent of 5". It never settled in the rear for the 2 years that I had it, and if it did, it was not noticeable at all.

I had a 3" Rusty's lift on before I installed my RE 4.5" kit, and I didn't measure, but the RE kit was wayyy higher than before, especially in the rear.

Did your jeep come with the upcountry package? If so the factory suspension is 1 inch taller. This would reduce your amount of lift by roughly 1 inch.

My RE 3.5 measures at 4.5" front and rear. How I measure lift of from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the stock fender flair. 17.5 and 17" is stock. You should get at the very least 3.5" but I have never heard of an RE 3.5 lift below 4" after install.

the difference is probably in the aal, full packs give more lift, you usually have to install a spacer upfront to level the truck out at first.

the difference is probably in the aal, full packs give more lift, you usually have to install a spacer upfront to level the truck out at first.

That would make sense for the rear, but not the front. The lift coils are the same no matter if you use an AAL or full leaf pack, and I'm only at 3" with those. The AAL's give me 3.25".

My RE 3.5 measures at 4.5" front and rear. How I measure lift of from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the stock fender flair. 17.5 and 17" is stock. You should get at the very least 3.5" but I have never heard of an RE 3.5 lift below 4" after install.

Measuring it that way is only good if you keep the same wheels and tires. As you go bigger tires, that'll throw off your measurements. Plus my stock fender flares are long gone, so it wouldn't work.

Measuring it that way is only good if you keep the same wheels and tires. As you go bigger tires, that'll throw off your measurements. Plus my stock fender flares are long gone, so it wouldn't work.

changing wheel and tire size does not move the hub farther from the flare. only lifting does.

Well, this is the response I got from Rubicon Express:

"Technically the front springs are 3 inch and the 1463 rear replacement springs give you more than 3 inches.We used to call the kits 3 inch but somebody changed it to 3.5 at some point."

So, I guess that not all RE lifts give you more than the stated amount, some give even less. I think the lift is great, otherwise, just was under the impression I'd be getting a little more height out of it.

yeah, i thought it was pretty useless too. And no I didn't take out the stock isolator. I'm about to add another one, though, b/c I'm putting a winch on the front and I need to keep the height I'm at.

veeborg gave you the answer already, the front coils are not the same lift as the rear, and you have aal on your saggy pack on the rear too. people who get the full leaf kit get the rear over 4" and then add spacers to the front to get it up even. your rear is saggy and do not need to lift the front to match the sag. thus the difference

Jeepster-
I just installed the same lift and am shopping for a set of 33x10.5 now, can you tell me how much fender you cut or post a coule quick pics? I've already trimmed quite a bit of the fenders off and am just curious if I'll have to lose anymore to avoid rubbing the 33s (my wheels have 4" BS).

Jeepster-
I just installed the same lift and am shopping for a set of 33x10.5 now, can you tell me how much fender you cut or post a coule quick pics? I've already trimmed quite a bit of the fenders off and am just curious if I'll have to lose anymore to avoid rubbing the 33s (my wheels have 4" BS).

I cut about 3" off the front and about 1.5" off the rear. It took me 2 trys to get it right. The first time I trimmed it would still rub. So I cut again and now it's perfect. I just installed the TJ flares too, which look good.

OcalaTrip1-24-09069-1.jpg

OcalaTrip1-24-09070-1.jpg

OcalaTrip1-24-09074.jpg

OcalaTrip1-24-09082.jpg

I just put a set of RE 4.5 coils in the front of mine last night and I now have 5 inches of lift, it should settle down that half inch, if not i'll just get a new bumper.

thanks a lot, I've been thinking about the TJ flares as well. Just wanting to make sure I'd still get some good flex so thanks for the pic.

Back