• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Magnaflow!!

X

XJ-4-life

:firedevil

Got a magnaflow cat back system installed yesterday, only took the guy 1.5 hours. Man, I am impressed with the tone, its low and mean, but not loud and ricey. Now for a header......any one have opinions on headers for a 96 XJ 4.0?

Ditto on what Bouncy said... the APN header is a decent unit for the price. I've had one on my '96 for about 4 months now w/no complaints.

What muffler is used in the system?

Have Magna flow on my 01 love it. Also have a Valley hitch, no issues.

People have shops install cat back's? My wife did mine in less than an hour with a crescent wrench and a hammer without getting dirty. JK, I like the sound of the magnaflows!

Been running my Magnaflow now for about 5 years now and still happy. I even run one of their resonators to make it very quite on my long Outback trips where only the tyres can be heard now. ( new MTR's )

XJ-4-life said:

Got a magnaflow cat back system installed yesterday, only took the guy 1.5 hours. Man, I am impressed with the tone, its low and mean, but not loud and ricey. Now for a header......any one have opinions on headers for a 96 XJ 4.0?

Post a few pics of how it fits (underneath, bumper clearance, shackle and hitch clearance.

Thank you,

Curtis

j99xj said:
I could have done it myself. But I didn't want to clamp it together.

I wanted it welded so it wouldn't fall to pieces off road.

I welded my muffler in right after i got my jeep, welded all the seems for the same reason, then the first time out, i smashed the cat, so i had to pull it all back apart... I just clamped it back together cause the muffler was also crushed a bit, but still moving air...

I did not want to have to cut every thing back apart as soon as i finnish that muffler off.

Has anyone ever used a cherry bomb or anything that is lower profile or harder to damage than the stock muffler? I know the Magnaflow is strong, but i want something smaller.

i have a cherry bomb style of muffler now and it sounds like crap, to tractor sounding. looking for something new. i want something deep and throaty without being raspy

Back