• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ITS GO TIME!!!(BEER & FOOD, ON ME!)

Akira

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all!!!

So just got the Dana 44 rear and front D30 setup and READY TO GO!!! NEXT and FINAL step is installing the lift!!! (ALMOST THERE!!) So... this is where U come in to play...

- Time = Either this coming weekend the 7th & 8th or the weekend after that which is the 14th and 15th, I'll need some PRO'S helping me put on this BAD BOY!!!! GOT BEER AND FOOD, ON ME!!!!

-The lift is a RE 6200 5.5 short arm kit (4.88, 35'', Detroit locker etc...)
(92, 4dr, 5pd, 4.0liter, XJ)

- LOCATION = Kirkland (Highdrolic lift access there)

I definately NEED your help... 1st time project for me so....

THANKS GUYS & CHEERS!!:worship::cheers:

Last edited:
I can do either saturday.

Got a place to crash for the night?

the 14th would be good, then go wheeling on the 15th :D

Got cha!!! At this point, I'm totally flexable... So its whatever date works best for you guys... I just need to give a 48 hour notice to the guy in Kirkland to use his lift.

- XJ - ranger, as for crashing somewhere... I could probably get you setup!

Let me know what works!

Thanks guys,

So is it Saturday the 14th in Kirkland? I'll check my calendar.

Doin the same lift this weekend at my house. I bet mine is on the trail before yours. :laugh3:

I dont want to be stuck in kirkland. I got no lift but if I get pissed i can just go inside and drink a beer

Akira, you need to buy a can of PB Blaster and douche down every bolt/nut on the suspension. Starting today, and hit them every other day until the 14th.

Also, is your lift kit complete? Do you have new hardware (nuts/bolts) longer brake lines, adjustable track bar, quick disco or extended sway bar links, longer e-brake cables, etc. How about brake fluid, since the brakes are gonna have to be bled once the lines are replaced? Do you have a SYE in the t-case and a replacement rear driveline, or are you gonna run it without one? (questionable with that much lift, some people say their's are fine, some have excessive vibes) Are you familiar with the break-in process for new ring and pinion gears? You can't just jump in it and blast down the freeway right after install, you want to get about a hundred miles on 'em in about 10 mile increments (trips) at no more than about 40 mph. Otherwise the gears get too hot and they'll wear prematurely or even get brittle and start tossing teeth. How about the rear D44, is it complete? Is all the brake hardware there, and will the brakes work when it's bolted into the Jeep? Used axles sometimes have shot wheel cylinders and/or missing hardware, check yours.

Check with whomever you ordered the lift kit from and see if there's anything else they recommend that was not included. Do as much homework on this as you can in the next couple of weeks, because a group of guys coming down to help you doesn't want to be wasting their time because you didn't have everything you needed. You don't want that either, you want it to go smoothly and have a fully-functional Jeep at the end of the day.

Last edited:
FUBAR - I totally agree with you!!!!

Lets start from the top - (and thank you for all the feedback!)

PB blaster - for the last month I have been douching every seal-nut-joint etc...
Hardware - I have the complete 6200 kit. w/ shocks, extended brake lines, which are already installed, adjustable track bar I do have, sway bars are good.
Brake fluid - Yes I have.
SYE - I do have that. (not the hack and tap, BUT the bolt-on)
Rear driveline - Yes, I have
Break in process - I am familiar with.
Dana 44 - It is FULLY COMPLETED, regeared and installed!!!!(All parts have been inspected and replaced accordingly.)

PLEASE, let me know if you have additional questions... I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE ANYONES TIME....

I FIRMLY BELIEVE WE ARE READY TO DO THIS!!!!=)

Are you trying to get this done in one day? Is there air tools to go with the lift? Just seeing what kind of time line your on. I might be able to show after mine is installed.

Just know that my hands hurt when I use the old standard. Is this place in kirkland big enough for two rigs? If your not sure if you want to do it there let me know. I dont have a garage but do have space. Whats the whether like this weekend? Anyone?

Back