• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 yellow/green drip

The small puddle occurs under the motor after sitting for a while. It is not antifreeze. Could it be A/C coolant????

Its not A/C coolant(refrigerant). I honestly don't know if I have ever seen A/C coolant. Sounds like antifreeze or maybe your Jeep has an STD! :D

Maybe your XJ has done gone and caught itself an STD?

Just kidding. Feel/smell (don't taste!) give you any clues?

***not fair, I type slow! LMAO!

Sometimes a small amout of fluorescent green/yellow dye is added to the refrigerant to detect leaks. It is unlikely, though that this is puddling. How do you know that it isn't antifreeze/coolant?

(Jeeps are like wolves and cats - It's just marking it's territory!)

I'm laughing so hard I may stroke out!

:roflmao:

It does not taste sweet like antifreeze should. It has no taste ....maybe a bit oily & it has to sit over night for anything to be seen on the driveway. Only a small size puddle about 3 " diamter in the snow

AS ABOVE-Be very careful of Dangers- SAFETY FIRST!

Around the engine area- coolant, washer fluid, battery acid, A/C condensation drain, grease fittings, -others?
May be something thrown up off the road.

-Flashlight/mirror- real good looksee.
-move a few feet and do a warmup/cooldown and see if it repeats
-some of the 'new universal'coolants are different colors and mixing types -more colors. Check what is in radiator and overflow tank and compare to spot.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Some of that "New evironmental friendly" coolant 'stuff' is suppose to be 'safe for animals' and no sweet taste! "and with new improved color!!!!"

-Highly suspect coolant leak.

orange

Antifreeze is highly poisonous and causes kidney failure. Maybe you're lucky and somebody put in the safe kind. Drink a lot of water. Or make yourself puke.

Taking a small taste isn't going to hurt you.

At all.

Now if he drank a glass full there's issues. If he dipped his finger in the puddle and then licked his finger to ID it there are no problems.

A true Jeeper knows all of his/her various vehicle fluids by smell, taste, and what it feels like in their eyes.

Edit: What color is your washer fluid? I've seen various color fluids there, perhaps that's it.

Back