• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy molding for windshield

SJEEPER

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01 and the trim looks worn, I want to replace it. I am thinking probably the stealerships but any place on the net that has decent prices would be helpful.

thanks

Windshield gasket/trim ? The only way to do that is to remove and re-install the glass, which is not a DIY project.

any auto glass shop or body shop will have or can order the gasket/trim.

Any autoglass shop or supplier should either have access or have it in stock...

The windshield on my 98 was leaking during heavy rains or when going thru the carwash.
Tried to reseal with RTV, but only slowed the leak....
Earlier today I went to Auto Star Glass and had the windshield and trim replaced.... With an AAA discount; the out the door price was $150.

After watching the techs replace the windshield; I found that the trim has nothing to do with the actual sealing of the windshield. It only covers where the windshield meets the channels in the A pillar, roof and firewall...
The actual seal is a super sticky black substance similar to RTV..... that beds the windshield in the channel....

Back