• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full tube headers

ju82takata

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I was wondering if anybody can give their opinions or experiences on this. I have an 01 with pre-cats. I want to put a pre 97 borla long tube headers with the down pipe on it. Would it be possible to drill two holes and weld in a bung for the pre cat o2 sensors in the primary tubes of the header to keep my mixture stoich and get an o2 simulator of some sort to keep any CELs off? Also, I have seen somewhere on the web an interface that lets you fine tune the A/F ratio that might be helpful if the mixture needs to be richened or leaned slightly. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated?

you will not be able to use an O2 simulator on an upstream 02 sensor. For the downstream you could use the sims or you could use spark plug non foulers drilled out to accept the 02s. There are a few threads on here about this very thing. search

it's possible.

however, there are no borlas that will actually bolt on with the 99+ intake.

you have to divot the tube for the number 5 cylinder on the header, and grind a bit off of the intake to make it fit. I just did this to fit a 2001 intake on my 95 motor with a borla.

as for the bungs...yes you can have those welded in. you're probably in uncharted territory so location is probably up to you. the bungs will need to be stainless, and it should be tig welded. probably a job for a pro.

someone makes fake o2 sensors that just feed back what a sensor should be feeding the computer, but I cannot recall whom it is. I went through that when I dropped the 3.8 camaro motor in my 86 comanche.

I'll go through some pics and see if I can find the pics of the borla issue, but here's a link they're somewhere in there.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg191/JeepcoMJ/War%20Machine%20engine%20upgrade/

you will not be able to use an O2 simulator on an upstream 02 sensor. For the downstream you could use the sims or you could use spark plug non foulers drilled out to accept the 02s. There are a few threads on here about this very thing. search

I know that I can't use an o2 sim on an upstream sensor. Maybe you should actually read posts before you comment on them and repeat what has already been said.

Back