• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar issues

confused

NAXJA Forum User
I just did a 3" Rough Country lift on the '91 XJ but now I cannot put the track bar on. Seems it's about an inch too short.

In addition to shocks and springs front and rear, I installed lower control arms and the sway bar drop brackets. This is my first lift project and I didn't anticipate this issue. How do you fix it?

Well you don't have to fix it. It won't be off that much at 3". All you have to do is push your axle over and bolt it up. At 4.5" I redrilled mine 3/4" over and it was dead even. Some people run like that and don't care. I just bought an adjustable one so I will be done.

I had to replace my track bar this past weekend (bent it). I have a 6.5" RK longarm with their adjustable trackbar. To get the trackbar on, I found I had to jack up the axle several inches before it got to a point where I was physically able to push it over for the holes to line up.

This is how we do it. Find a place in the fender well that is universal on both sides(front). Using a plum bob, drop from that point and visually measure the distance to the same place on the axle. Sometimes you need to go one way or the other an inch to few.

If it a non adjustable, push the top of the fender in the direction it needs to go while a buddy inserts the bolt and nut. This is by far easier then moving the hole. After ANY work is done to a steering component, get it alligned.

I would recommend a place that has a five year or lifetime allignment. I have a five year allighnment on mine and i get it done at every oil change and after a wheeling trip. They love and hate me at the same time.

Back