• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can i wheel in or around bakersfield ca?

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ive searched and searched for places fun to go easy to moderate... i gotta stock height XJ with 235/75/15 bfg m/t's i know of rancheria road and ive took breckenridge road all the way up to the closure gate today in search for the back side of cow flat road =/... all the hills i climbed just ended for no reason so im kinda in search for something senic something fun and maybe some place i could camp out later in the spring/summer. when i went up rancheria road this last time the snow was to thick to make it all the way up to evans flat... i may try it again tomorrow ( sunday febuary 1st) but we shall see how things go and if i can get someone to come with me just in case i bury up in the snow =)

but if anyone has a place that i could explore or would even care to come along hit me up or post in here, im always down to hit up a near by trail.

there are a lot of places in or around kernville and wofford heights, kesville is a off road area, and you could go way up river to Sherman pass.

yeah, but w/o mild directions to it, its like searching for a needle in a haystack lol we MIGHT go up to kernville today actually if i can get the fiance out of the house.

If your going in through the canyon from Bakersfield, take the 155 to kernville, you'll see keysville on your left, north and south there are two entrances,there on different sides of the river, you cant miss them.
Also shearman pass is really far up river right before the johnson dale bridge, you make the right hand turn on to shearman pass 4x4 trail sign, at this point its still paved, then you climb with lots of switch backs it goes for a few miles just keep a look out for a sign that says SHEARMAN PASS 4X4 TRAIL there will be a little dirt road, this trail might be kinda hard in some parts, but i think you should be fine.

you can search either of these sports online and i did a little write up that you can find too.

also goatman knows the area very well might want to ask him.

Sherman Trail is closed this time of year, as is Miller/Lockwood. The Bakersfield Trailblazers 4x4 club is meeting this Wednesday, come hange out and BS. You can find out about a couple different trails that are open.

Back