• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rev limiter

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
Is there such a thing as an after market rev limiter that can be added to the Jeep? XJ or TJ in my case. Ideal setup would be a limiter that could be adjusted and turned on or off via a switch.

You will probably have better results in the street and performance forum.
I think some of the aftermarket flashed computers have provisions for having the rev limiter removed.

the msd 6al ign should have provisions for the soft touch rev limiter that can be adjusted with pills. Check out jegs or summit and get it done.

I dont know if I would want to go past the stock rev limiter in fear of doing some major damage to the motor.. I known too many people blow up the 4.0's with the factory rev limiter.

Is there such a thing as an after market rev limiter that can be added to the Jeep? XJ or TJ in my case. Ideal setup would be a limiter that could be adjusted and turned on or off via a switch.

Why would you want to turn it off?

I have the MSD 6AL box. You can buy soft tabs in 500 increments. 5200 stock rev. limit. I have mine set at 5000.

Why would you want to turn it off?

I have the MSD 6AL box. You can buy soft tabs in 500 increments. 5200 stock rev. limit. I have mine set at 5000.

I do not know how to remove the factory rev limiter, but MSD 6AL is a good aftermarket ignition with a limiter. The pills are actually available in 100 RPM increments.

I do not know how to remove the factory rev limiter, but MSD 6AL is a good aftermarket ignition with a limiter. The pills are actually available in 100 RPM increments.

Your right...100's. my bad. I'm an idiot to have said 500 and I have 5200. hahahaha

Back