• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get front axle shafts?

Mr. Ninja

NAXJA Forum User
Maybe I'm just doing something terribly wrong, but it seems impossible to find front axle shafts at any part place.

I've got a D30 that I want to upgrade to the 297 joints and solid shafts, but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the shafts. I've called schmucks and napa, looked on a few online sites... no bueno.

I can't imagine front shafts are junkyard or dealer only.

Anybody have some suggestions on where to look? or see a flaw in my thinking?

I have bought several sets from people on this forum in the area.
John at Auburn Car Repair comes to the top of my mind first. He usually has a set or two available.
I have also bought them at U-Pull it yards.

Michael

Randys ring and pinion will sell you Yukon shafts - which are 'good' for the price that you pay...

I've been very happy with my Warn / Superior shafts...

Alloy USA is kaput, but some dealers still have shafts, and the new company Phase 10 ought to be on par with quality.

Give your favorite offroad shop a call and ask them about alloys for your application - I guess people up here like John at ACRAOR, ive had good luck with Dave at Northridge4x4 and machinewave on pirate4x4 (this guy)

HTH

Randys ring and pinion will sell you Yukon shafts - which are 'good' for the price that you pay...

I've been very happy with my Warn / Superior shafts...

Alloy USA is kaput, but some dealers still have shafts, and the new company Phase 10 ought to be on par with quality.

Give your favorite offroad shop a call and ask them about alloys for your application - I guess people up here like John at ACRAOR, ive had good luck with Dave at Northridge4x4 and machinewave on pirate4x4 (this guy)

HTH

Alloy USA sold out to OMIX ADA Same shafts , just gotta wait for them to stock a bunch of them ....

Back