• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear lift question

xjrider95

NAXJA Forum User
My current setup includes a 2" short AAL and some 2.5" lift shackles. My leaf pack is flat and almost inverted. What would be the best way to get 1-2" of lift and help my pack out without buying a whole new pack??
Here is what im talkin about
PIC-0474.jpg

PIC-0473.jpg

PIC-0472.jpg

PIC-0475.jpg

you can see how it is saggin in the back :rattle:
Thanks

I had a setup similar to yours, I added a pair of Monroe Load levelers ($116 a pair from the shock warehouse) http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/...e-Loadleveler-Pair-Jeep-Cherokee-and-Wagoneer,
They are a rear shock with a spring over, They added a little lift to my rear & saved the rear springs from destruction.
Then I added detours 2.5" shock extensions & the load levelers added around 2" to the lift.

Monroe even sells a severe service version if you want to go HD ($148 per pair)
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/monroe_severe_load.cfm

I say put stock shackle back in and add long leaf under main leave and then go from there, but In all reality and quality you be better with new leaf packs.
i wish i had the money for a new pack but im broke...always :banghead:
what do you suggest as a long AAL? S10, Durango, XJ???

I just ordered new packs from Quadratec and they only cost me $120 for both of them. They ride much better than stock and if you order the right ones, you can get a little lift out of them. For all the trouble you're going to go through cutting and pasting s-10 leaves or an add-a-leaf, you might as well just get a new pack and save yourself the headache down the road when your pack flattens out again. Just a though, new leaves are not as expensive as you may think.

I just ordered new packs from Quadratec and they only cost me $120 for both of them. They ride much better than stock and if you order the right ones, you can get a little lift out of them. For all the trouble you're going to go through cutting and pasting s-10 leaves or an add-a-leaf, you might as well just get a new pack and save yourself the headache down the road when your pack flattens out again. Just a though, new leaves are not as expensive as you may think.

is that for a stock pack? thats a good deal but i am looking for something cheeep. <$50 :looney:
i just found a guy with a stock pack from his xj for 30 bucks and im thinking about getting those and making my own pack.

I just built one a couple of weeks ago for my cousins xj. He says it rides great and flexes good! I saw it in action and seems to work better than the 3in pack and 2in block! Lol

Back