• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle problem!!

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
So im half way through installing the front end of my lift kit, I removed the upper control arms so that the axle could go dawn further allowing the 4.5' springs to fit right in, I also unbolted the track-bar, the problem that i am having is that my axle is twisted forward, and cant get the upper control arms bolted back in? I need help I have to go to work tomorrow Or im gona get fired!! If I can call someone it would be even better!! my number is 5034288793 call if u can help me

Last edited:
personally i do the uppers first cause you can set the axle on jack stands and jack up on the back of the housing to line up the lowers

put a jack under the axle trackbar mount and jack away, it will rotate your axle in the correct direction.

Can't resist,"start looking for a new job"

pipe%20wrench.jpg

use one of these to torque the axle... if needed, position wrench paralel to the ground, and put a jack under the handle for extra leverage.

Can't resist,"start looking for a new job"

:laugh: Now that is funny!! Seriously, a jack or ratchet strap will get ya fixed up!! The Stilson wrench will work too but be carefull that the jack does not slip!!

yep I have done several methods listed here. just make sure that ifoyu do the ratchet strap method to have it going to something structural. I think I win the DeteDEEEE award for using a popped out drain plug last time I did it. I only ripped about 1 inch into the rear pass floor area but it was embarrasing to say the least. Luckily no one was around and I think that this is the first time I have talked about it damned evil tecate.

Back