• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle

EFR98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok brain is pretty fried from today's evap problem on an 08 Acura MDX. Please bear with me. Ok my '98 is currently sitting on a sagging 3" leaf, a 1.5" block(installed a week ago till I get the new pack) and a 1.5" shackle. When I installed the block I noticed that the shackle angle was not at the desired angle. Its sitting almost straight up. Now when i install the new 4.5" leaf pack will the angle get worse? Whats the fix? A boomerang shackle or the correction bracket. Thanks

You're going to have to put the new spring on, put the vehicles weight on it and look at it.

Alot will also depend on "who's" springs you buy!

Thanks guys. Hopefully it works out and I dont have to remove the shackle. I love trying to bust those bolts that go to the frame. This thread will be old by the time I get the pack(2weeks), so if the angle does not change then I guess get the boomerang or the correction bracket that Dirk Pitt posted

Back