• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 1/2 in speakers in the door??

awesome_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if you can fit 6.5 in speakers in the front doors to replace the stock 5 1/4in speakers, without too much modification?? I found a GREAT deal on some and would like a little better sound up there anyways, so im hoping i can make them work and still look good.

Yes, as long as the "mounting diameter" (hole size) is no more than 5". You may just need to angle the mounting screws in a bit - my Pioneer 6.5"s went in just barely and they are right at 5".

I believe my 2001 (non-Infinity system) came stock with 6.5" speakers. Measure it before you buy the speakers. :)

i had to do some minor triming in my 99 - no big deal - i only had to cut a little out around the factory hole

speaker diameter really isn't the issue in cherokees, it's the depth

you only have a little over 2" of depth if you still want your windows to go all the way down

spacers and door panel mods are in order for nice 6.5" and bigger speakers

I put some 6 1/2 inch Boston Acoustics in my 96'. These are "skinny" enough so the windows still work. I did have to cut out the hole a little and angle the screws but it worked fine.

Back