• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift installation Questions..

xJeepxXJxThingx

NAXJA Forum User
i am gonna be putting on a 4.5 inch lift on my 93 xj soon and i think i might go with rustys offroad lift full spring pack but what all will i need beside that to do the lift

I would suggest Rubicon Express, but that's just what I ran when I used to run a kit.

You should upgrade the steering, budget for a fixed yoke for the transfer case, the fixed yoke will need a driveline. If you go over 31" tires you'll want gears for the axles.

You should be just fine with a floor jack, jack stands, and regular hand tools.

If you order a kit with adjustable flex joints, like Rubicon Express, order the adjustment tools too. Take the joint all the way apart, grease it, put it back together, tighten it all the way, then just a touch more.

It should come with mostly or all new hardware. If you find you're going to have to re-use a bolt, try to get a new one at the hardware store.

Get something better than white shocks.

nothing wrong with the full rustys leaf pack.

i would also order there 4.5" coils.

as lower control arms, i would go with Rubicon Express superflex adj arms. and order some shocks.

if money is tight just go with a drop transfer case.

as for the slip yoke eliminator. for the money check out
www.performanceoffroadcenter.com
there sye is pretty decently priced.
and you will need a new drive shaft. i.e tom woods

Please don't go with Rustys. I got that lift kit and I replaced almost everything with rubicon express , except the rear springs. The trackbar broke 3 times, and the coils sagged an inch+ with my bumper. I would do a 3.5" Re superflex as it sits higher anyways. Trim and run some 33's. You will need to relocate the brake lines lower if not get new ones all together. I have a 94 Hybrid 5" inch lift with no SYE and no Vibes.

i love my superflex, no complaints. I would deff. say X2 on the drive shafts, and it cant hurt to shim, how do you guys feel about t case drops? Also i found torches useful.

Please don't go with Rustys. I got that lift kit and I replaced almost everything with rubicon express , except the rear springs. The trackbar broke 3 times, and the coils sagged an inch+ with my bumper. I would do a 3.5" Re superflex as it sits higher anyways. Trim and run some 33's. You will need to relocate the brake lines lower if not get new ones all together. I have a 94 Hybrid 5" inch lift with no SYE and no Vibes.

coils prob started to sag cause of your bumper haha...

i ran a 4.5" rough country lift on my old 87 without a t case drop and shims and it only vibrated when i would let off the gas.

coils prob started to sag cause of your bumper haha
Well Duh . . . I just thought that over an inch (I put in a 1.5" Spacer to level it back out) was alittle excessive
I also have TC drop and the shims that came with my original Rustys lift

For your SYE I would look at Iron Rock off road...HNT and DS for like 199.00
I would also say if you are looking at rustys due to price look at RC pretty good lift to start on a budget and Grimmus will take care of you...Just my .02

as i am sort of on a tight budget i will be buying some sort a full leaf pack dont know where now but am i going to have to upgrade the axles and driveshafts and steering right away.. kind of a noob to this stuff

FWIW I love my 4.5 re springs. Wayne with alljeep gets some good deals(unless he has sold it by now)

Back