• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post lift problems/concerns

shouston

NAXJA Forum User
I lifted my stock 2000 back in October. I used the 2" RE BB with full length AAL's.

I ended up with 4" on the rear so I had a significant rake and driveline vibes. After a couple of months is still had not settled any so I threw 300lbs of sand in the back hoping it would help it settle quicker.

With the extra weight it measured at 2.5". I just took the weight out this morning (after 30 days) and it went back to 4"

What other options do I have to fix this?

that sucks. are they full leafs or short leafs?

I understand that full leafs take longer to settle then the short ones.

Im not much help but maybe that info would help someone else answer you.

are you trying to fix the rake, vibes, or both???

You could try a transfer case drop for a quick vibe fix.....it may or may not work

when i put AAL's on my '01 i got vibes at 30, 50, and 60-70 mph so i just went ahead and put in an SYE as a future-proof measure

The rake will reduce with time, rest assured.........i've seen people on here throw sand bags in the cargo area to load the AAL's up and make them sag some, but that will hit your mpg

remove the swaybar and put the weight back in... and take it offroad. the flex will help break in the springs a little faster. However, AALs are stiffer than full spring packs, so it takes longer to break them in. That's also why you end up with a lot more lift sometimes.

Yeah, do a tc drop, they're not that hard. The Skyjacker one lets you reuse the original studs in the frame rails, so you don't have to remove them.

4" of lift on a 2" BB???? Is this normal? I was thinking of picking up that kit but don't really want 4"...
I would not have gotten it had I known.

Before lift I was at 17" from hub to flare and now 21" on a full tank of gas.

If I throw in 300lbs of sandbags I am at 19.5" with horrendous gas mileage.

are you using the same tires for before/after measurements?

I have the RE 3.5" Superflex lift with the full length add-a-leaf in the rear and it only gave 3" of lift.
Tires won;t matter when measuring from the center of the hub. But yes, same tires.

I have the same lift in my XJ.. with a bunch of other stuff upgraded. It eventually settled at around 3.25". I used some ZJ V8 coils and an extra spacer to level things out. In my case teh vibes didn't go away until I got and SYE.

-Chris

i think i'll go the easy way, shackles and coil spacer... or MAYBE 3-4" blocks and 2" coil spacers...my rear sags a little so i need more lift in the rear.

This is why the Tereflex BB is better. With a rear shackle, your changing the pinion angle enough to help with the vibs, AND you get the 2"es of lift you wanted. I would take those AAL's out, and get a shackle kit.

I HATE AAL's....

I have the same lift in my XJ.. with a bunch of other stuff upgraded. It eventually settled at around 3.25". I used some ZJ V8 coils and an extra spacer to level things out. In my case teh vibes didn't go away until I got and SYE.

-Chris
How long did it take to settle?

If I remove the rear swaybar will it drop any?
No, but it'll help you flex the suspension more if you go offroad, which in turn will help break in the springs.

Back