• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a Tow? or Two, or Three?

GlueNTape

NAXJA Forum User
Last weekend I was helping a friend. His car died up on 185th. It was a 92 Honda Accord. Died while he was driving, just shut off and craped out.

He wanted me to tow him home with my jeep. Although he had no tow points. So, my mother of all people... recomened he call Allstate Roadside asistance. and sign up. She had been working on some campaign with Allstate and said as soon as you sign up and pay a dollar for your first month, they give you your membership# Its a dollar a month for the first 3 months, then 14 bucks a month.

So he called, joined for a buck. Then called for a tow. No questons asked, they sent a rig out towed him home. Then the next day, towed his car to a shop... when he found out it was the timing belt and some other stuff.. Allstate Towed him Home. He posted the car on craigslist.. Sold it.. then had Allstate tow it to the guys house who bought it.. They didn't even blink an eyelash.. just sent out a tow truck each time and got the job done.

I don't know how long the promotion will last, its been going for a few months now.. but should you need a tow, its something to check out.. a Dollar for unlimited towing can't be beat..

The number was 1-800-776-9292 I belive to join. So if any of you should need a tow, or find yourself in a bind.. check it out.

Sounds like a sweet deal. But at the same time, you gata figure someone out there is getting screwed for taking advantage of that "help" system.

~Scott

Long story short got Allstate on a "New-to-me" truck I'd bought for 12k. Two weeks later hit a power pole. Allstate paid in full, inspected the work of the frame tweaker guy, it was within specs but they wanted factory. One week and 7k in repairs later no questions asked got the truck back. They're legit and I have nothing bad to say about Allstate. (Which is rare.)

Last spring when I rear-ended somebody, Allstate waived the deductible because we both had Allstate. It may be a bit more on occasion but it seems to me that its worth it...

Sounds like a sweet deal. But at the same time, you gata figure someone out there is getting screwed for taking advantage of that "help" system.

~Scott
How So? Its their promotion. I am sure there are lots of people that stay with it. After the 3 months for a dollar.. who knows.. he may stay with it.

He already got a customer service perfromance review for the Allstate people he spoke with. No bill, just a thank you.

Back