• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Awards?

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
I was reading through some of the other chapters events and it seems like a few of them have awards that get passed down each year during the event. One of the main ones is worst carnage, if anyone else is interested in this I think it would be a cool tradition to start this year.:)

-Alex

I was reading through some of the other chapters events and it seems like a few of them have awards that get passed down each year during the event. One of the main ones is worst carnage, if anyone else is interested in this I think it would be a cool tradition to start this year.:)

-Alex

One of the categories will be "most complete tool"

We have a front-runner already....

Possible Awards

Farthest Distance traveled to event ( not trailered)

Best Photo Op of the weekend
P1240114.jpg

Hard Luck Award ( not the same as the tool award, this is for some one who suffers bad luck not bad planning )

Hard core award - sleep in rig, participate in all the Epic runs, "who needs a plate or forks I cook on the manifold and use a screwdriver as my utensil"

I'm digging it. We could get some old bowling and soccer trophies and just get new plates made for the award. :)

I really like this idea !

i will step up and get some trophies. if someone wants to fab up a cpl breakage type ones go for it.

lets vote on a few catagories and i'll go get em. and then let everyone know what they will be for sure.

This is coming up, any more thought on the awards?

-Alex

Another club that I am in does something similar at their annual get together.
What we did is set up in advance the awards (maybe a dozen or so catagories) then get a volunteer to make the trophy for each of the catagories (this trophy will get handed down year after year). Some are VERY well done, others intentially cheep, simple, etc.

Then vote before NW Fest (closed voting) for each catagory, the winner is presented the trophy from those that made them.

I would be more than happy to offer to make a trophy or two.

Other catagories.
1. webwheeler of the year (most posts, least run's).
2. Most prepared
3. Least prepared
4. Most carnage thorughout the year
5. Most money invested during the year
6. Most run's participated in

you get the idea......
Michael

Other catagories.
1. webwheeler of the year (most posts, least run's).

you get the idea......
Michael

Are you going to use his real name or his screen name, Muddy Beast, on this one?

Thanks John.

Guess i forgot to update on this.

Trophys are done. Will anounce catagories etc.. at the FEST. Voting will be at the same time as the dinner & raffle and awards will be handed out following.

Are you going to use his real name or his screen name, Muddy Beast, on this one?

Hey now, I've gone on a dozen wheeling trips in less then a years time. But I haven't seen you since the Reiter clean-up in the fall...hmmm...

I however have a good idea for a trophy I can make, so I'd be willing to have one ready to present for a NWFest award (maybe something like best support from a company, and we mail it/hand it to whoever that may be, as agreed upon by the group).

~Scott

LOL, just saw this post and I thought I would suggest a few that have been our favorite awards for the past few years:

Most Thrashed
Bonehead Award
Best Spotter
Best Engineered
Farthest Traveled

We have been doing this since the beginning, and its always a good way to wrap up the raffle each year.

HTH's
Andy

Back