• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33s with 4.88

NJblackdeath4x4

NAXJA Forum User
How would it ride? I ask because Im most likely gunna pick up a d44 or ford 8.8 with the wrong gearing n ill have to regear to get both axles on the same page. I know Im gunna eventually run 35s and i dont wanna regear twice cause thats dumb. So tell me if its ok to drive with 33s and 4.88s

Thanks

I never go faster than 70 mph (about 2750 rpm)

That's cause you're a baby. :laugh2:

Do you have a stick or auto?

I've driven a manual YJ before on 33's with 4.88's and it wasn't bad at all. Fine on the back roads, and same on the highway.

Last edited:
thanks alot guys. im gunna do 4.88s. i have an aw4 so lower is better right

I'm running 4.56s with 33s. Installed the gears before I knew someone made 4.88s for the 8.25.

the 4.88s r pretty new for the 8.25 i think. i have the 27 spline though so im not dumping any money into it

the 4.88s r pretty new for the 8.25 i think. i have the 27 spline though so im not dumping any money into it

I have the 29 spline. But I'll drop an 8.8 in before I gear down any more. Even possibly an AMC 20.

I'm running 4.56s with 33s. Installed the gears before I knew someone made 4.88s for the 8.25.

REALLY??? I'm not very well versed on the latest and greatest out there so who makes them?

As I plan the route I want to take w/ my Jeep I want to keep the 8.25 to reduce cost but was pretty dissappointed that I was limited to 4.56 so this is good news.

That's cause you're a baby. :laugh2:

Do you have a stick or auto?

I've driven a manual YJ before on 33's with 4.88's and it wasn't bad at all. Fine on the back roads, and same on the highway.

haha, at least i can stay in a straight line!

...well straighter than you :D

REALLY??? I'm not very well versed on the latest and greatest out there so who makes them?

As I plan the route I want to take w/ my Jeep I want to keep the 8.25 to reduce cost but was pretty dissappointed that I was limited to 4.56 so this is good news.

Nitro Gear and Axle, they are Naxja sponsor - watch the banner ads.

running 4.88 with 33" TrXus and I do not feel over geared, give me a little room to bump up to 35s should I ever decide this is on an 88 with the Renix. I imagine it would be even better with a HO engine

while waiting for 33's im running 31's and 4.88's. shifts a little quick but i cant wait for 33's, but i dont mind the 31's going 60mph with no vibes

Back