• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IL Governor out of a Job

I was pretty sure that impeachment is the court proceeding not the act of removing him from office. Impeachment Just means that there was a formal investigation by the legislature of the chief executive. You can be impeached and found innocent and remain in your job. 2 US presidents come to mind that had it happen just like that. If found guilty during the Impeachment process then you could be removed from off ice if that is what the convening authority decides is the correct course of action.

He's not coming back from this. He has been Impeached AND removed from office. He has been replaced by the Lt. Governor Patrick Quinn.

I'm waiting for Quinn or one of the Madigans to get caught doing something. Like I've said in the past, "Show me an Illinois politician that isn't a crook, and I'll show you a figment of your imagination."

Back