• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New location for azusa M&G for october

where should the sunday M&G be held for October 2006

• Johnson Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Sugestion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
which county are you setting this poll up for? Not OC I assume because this has been discussed and polled before....

I will vote for Lyttle creek. There is a great spot to picnic at the end of coldwater canyon. Plenty of parking, lots of shade. 5600 ft elevation, so temps should be cool. Stock rigs should make it without much trouble.

Azusa SUCKS! Except for the mud, what there was of it; it's right up there with mall crawling.

Maybe you can be more clear and state that you are looking for a nice place to meet, hang out, have lunch/dinner, and maybe wheel a little.

come on tony get some sliders and lets do some wheelin, no sitting around all day, driving around all day, make it big bear, lets go wheelin. azusa does suck really bad. and thats def not 4wheelin//IMO Kevin

I thought the idea was to have a M&G...not to go wheelin'. A M&G should be held somewhere that anyone can attend....even a stock rig. If we go run trails at BB then there are definetely people that can't/won't go. If BB is the vote, then we need to find a location that has plenty of free parking and a nice place to make some lunch...This place should also have some neat obstacles nearby so that people can play if they want, without having to completely abandon the group.

JohnX said:
I thought the idea was to have a M&G...not to go wheelin'. A M&G should be held somewhere that anyone can attend....even a stock rig. If we go run trails at BB then there are definetely people that can't/won't go. If BB is the vote, then we need to find a location that has plenty of free parking and a nice place to make some lunch...This place should also have some neat obstacles nearby so that people can play if they want, without having to completely abandon the group.

Agreed... sort of...

There are already monthly M&G in several areas; OC, Valley, IE, SD.... These do not work out for some folks as they are always on a week night. I like the idea of a weekend M&G with the possibility of wheelin, but most of us either work on our junk, wheel, have a family life, or something else on the weekend.

I think it's great the folks took to the Asuza OHV M&G. I understand the desire to keep it going at a different location.

The weekend M&G idea is something I have been tossing around. I would not mind having folks come to my house and BBQ on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. There's no wheeling spot close by, (unless you all Holy Jim wheelin) but there is plenty of parking available on the street and I have a back yard we can all sit and talk shop. Wives, kids, and girlfriends could come (just not the wife and the girlfriend at the same time, unless they are OK with it :laugh3:). I am in lake Forest, so that's a drive for a lot of folks.

JohnX said:
I thought the idea was to have a M&G...not to go wheelin'. A M&G should be held somewhere that anyone can attend....even a stock rig. If we go run trails at BB then there are definetely people that can't/won't go..... we need to find a location that has plenty of free parking and a nice place to make some lunch...This place should also have some neat obstacles nearby so that people can play if they want, without having to completely abandon the group.
Dude finally some one who can say what im thinking and in a way some one else actually paid attention to. Thank you John for your better explanation

Im all for wheeling events but the azusa one has always been about kicking back and having fun not so much the wheeling. hell if it were just about the wheeling I wouldnt have kept goin and went other places insead

The monthly meet and greets exclude a lot of people due to time date and local so we are trying to make a M&G that is more apealing to those who cant find thier way to the established ones, hell I rarely show to the monthly M&G's because we dont have one in the high desert and the IE one isnt very regularly planned so I forget its there and just head up the hill. This one made me remember and its on a day I have nothing better to do usually.

Last edited:
JohnX said:
I will vote for Lyttle creek. There is a great spot to picnic at the end of coldwater canyon. Plenty of parking, lots of shade. 5600 ft elevation, so temps should be cool. Stock rigs should make it without much trouble.
Yeah that does sound good

dzraces said:
IE one isnt very regularly planned

Actually I tend to forget the IE even exists!

Been meaning to set up a Meet and Greet out that way for ages, I got some gift cards for Speed Zone there in Industry that I'd love to burn up!

Back