• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIY Beadlocks and soft 8's

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of soft 8's that I'm going to do a DIY beadlock soon. I've found the set of rings for cheap that a buddy never used. I've seen quite a few of the soft 8's with this done. I've searched but didn't see too much about the soft 8 specifically

My question is does the valve stem get in the way and is there anything I need to watch out for specific to the wheels. Thanks guys

Parakeet

I'm sure some one's gonna whine. However, here I go... There are a bazillion different types of valve stems, just find one that fits. Jegs has quite a few for around 16$ a set. Just decide on what you think will work best, I like the straight, 720-1957 they're 14&change. Just make sure you can access them, and pics, man, pics. Tell me what it took to do it, and was it worth it.

You could relocate the valve stem hole to a better location.

I understand I can relocate the valve stem but I'm looking to see what other guys that have done this to thier soft 8's have done. I'm just looking at the wheels and thinking they may be in the way. I know there are 90* valve stems so I was curious if anybody has used these.

Parakeet

My rings came with a cut out for the valve stem. You could notch one out. If they where not notched then they would have been hard to get to

I haven't even seen them yet but they are what I want. The guy I get them from never used them and just kept them so he's giving me a good deal on them. His XJ is pretty tough so I know he get's good stuff.

I used 4" long brass dually stems on mine and bent them to fit...andy miobi.org

What did you use to bend them. I was thinking a brake line bender to keep them from kinking?

Parakeet

Just drill new ones and leave the old ones if you cant weld up the holes.Done!

I bought 45 degree ones from summit for $6 a pair. You can fit the straight ones, but you can't fit the air chuck on the end of it behind the ring.

Back