• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

84 - 90 Cherokee coolant system conversion

Doboy71

NAXJA Forum User
Good idea for anyone who has an open end coolant system for a 4.0L : Try using the parts to a '92 4.0L. Radiator, Cap, Coolant relief valve, Upper and Lower hoses, and a universal coolant resevoir. If you plan on keeping 'em running. This was strongly suggested to me after my cooling sytem failed me do to a leaky cap. Go figure!

You forgot heater hoses and heater control valve. =)

However, the renix era "closed" cooling system works more efficiantly. For less work you can put a new, not old beat up and clogged, closed radiator in and be even further ahead than you are now.

The biggest problem is people don't keep an eye on the pressure bottle and they crack. When it starts getting old and yellow, put a new one in - or replace it with a stainless one.

xcm get over yourself. im sick of everyone getting chastised for posting somthing that has already been said. how many new tech threads can even exist!? and if i hear "noob" one more time im gunna puke.

do u have to use a Coolant relief valve or can i just run the hoses together and just add a in-line filler and over flow bottle?

yes.Down side is coolant will always be flowing through your heater core and you will notice it with the heater off on a hot day but it isn't unbearable at all.

Back