• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Headers

jrhockey03

NAXJA Forum User
My stock headers are cracked and I am looking at the Rugged Ridge headers. Does anyone have these on their XJ or are there better ones out there. I haven't heard too much about the RR's but they are fairly inexpensive, which is good for my pocket book. Any ideas?

search, fairly well covered topic.
but since your a fellow Canuck, Banks, Pacesetter, and plenty more out there. If your want to save money go for whats cheap, but having a lifetime warranty is nice to have for future problems. once you get a new header you have to take some precautions to keep it form cracking too. flex pipe before the cat or first hanger will help lessen some of the vibes which cause the cracking. also changing the motor mounts will keep any new header from having problems. if you go with the motor mounts and flex pipe I would say get a cheap header and forget it. otherwise get one with a lifetime warranty and deal with having to do all the labour (or paying for it) of changing the new header, and dealing with the warranty return.

enjoy.

Back