• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle alignment

Missiletech

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped out my highly broken older Turdy for a newer not broken one finally and I used the UCA/LCA measurements from the multiple resources via search but when I raised the axle without springs the bumpstop almost completely misses the spring cup on the front side.

I've got a 6" lift with the RE Drop Brackets which should be UCA of 15.5" and LCA of 16". Is it normal to have this akward path from sitting to bumpstop contact?

So are you using longer CA's or are you using stock arms?

Need longer arms RC says if lifting more than 4.5".

"
This kit is an add on kit—it will not lift your vehicle without additional product. This kit is used to lower the upper and
lower control arms. Lowering the arms mounting point reduces control arms angle and substantially improves ride quality
and handling. This kit can be used with stock lower control arms and with stock upper control arms at 4.5” of lift. For
additional lift longer adjustable control arms are needed. To determine length to adjust arms use chart below.
KIT CONTENTS:

-Dr control arm drop brkt
1-Pa control arm drop brkt
1-Dr upper control arm brkt
1-Pa upper control arm brkt
1-Dr RCX bracket brace
1-Pa RCX bracket brace
1-1627 poly bag
4-5/16” x 1 1/4” bolt
4-5/16” flange nuts
4-5/16” washers
2-10mm X 90mm bolt
2-10mm nuts
4 10mm washers
2– 2” spacer sleeves
2-1/2” x 4 1/2” bolts
2-1/2” lock nuts
4-1/2” washers
4-3/8” self tap. bolts
Lift Height Lower Control Arm Upper Control Arm
4.5” 15.75” - Stock Length 15” - Stock Length
6” 15.875” 15.125”
8” 16.25” 15.524”
Upper Control Arm Bracket

RCX Brace"

I have adjustable control arms. I'm trying to figure out if I measured incorrectly or what.. I know I've done something stupid/small incorrectly as the way it sits now. The last time I aligned it by eye setting the lengths so that the bump stops were centered one the spring cups and then made sure the angle of the axle was set. But I set it up with UCA 15.5 and LCA 16 and it looks ridiculous.

DSCN0882.jpg

DSCN0883.jpg

DSCN0884.jpg

I followed the instructions on http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html#arms but as you can see I'm still a little "tweaked".

I installed the rc drop brackets , it moved the axle ahead a bit. I used the chart and it came way too far forward, I ended up just centering the axle in the wheel well with the lowers arms and finding a good balance between caster and pinion angle with the uppers, it did take some messing around. I'd be screwing in your lowers like a lot, way too far forward!

Back