• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My New Track Bar

vikingxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a track bar from RE but I think I am missing a piece. Am I making things up or am I actually missing the sleeve? I must say that I am quite impressed with the robustness of the track bar and my lift kit. Both are RE and I think they make a very nice looking and strong product. I have yet to install the lift though...Thanks for your help!

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0126.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

I believe they did away with that funky neck down bolt and went to a regular grade 8 bolt without the sleve. They switched to more common misalignment pieces.

looks right to me. the two matching fittings (misalignment spacers) go into the joint on either side. bolt goes up from the bottom through the bracket, and lock nut on top of the trackbar bracket. the other nut is your jam nut on the threaded end of the joint

Do not forget you will need to drill your upper mount hole bigger. Be prepared for that before you start putting it on.

I believe they did away with that funky neck down bolt and went to a regular grade 8 bolt without the sleve. They switched to more common misalignment pieces.

looks right to me. the two matching fittings (misalignment spacers) go into the joint on either side. bolt goes up from the bottom through the bracket, and lock nut on top of the trackbar bracket. the other nut is your jam nut on the threaded end of the joint

Do not forget you will need to drill your upper mount hole bigger. Be prepared for that before you start putting it on.

Those are all the parts you need.

Thank you all for responding. In between classes, I called RE and they told me the same thing.

What is involved in the drilling and where?
Thanks for the help!:patriot:

drill out the stock trac bar bracket where the stock trac bar mounts on the "frame" side of the jeep. im not sure of the size though

i ran the same track bar with 6.5 inches of lift and no binding with long arms ... of course axle side mount was relocated

Back