• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

racing seats

POLAR_JEEP_04

NAXJA Forum User
i had a set just like thoes in my Jeep. I was not a huge fan of them. i ended up getting a killer deal on a pair of corbuea baja seats and I like that style much better. I have heard awesome things about these as well http://www.4wheelparts.com/Interior...9&t_s=418&t_pt=3921&t_pl=10113&t_pn=S/B750111
there 200 a peice but i think they are more suited for the Jeep. the ones like your looking at, the bolsters were too big for me and i wore through them really fast and they were really hard. i slipped getting in one day and got a little to personal with a bolster

i thought about the smittybilt seats, but trying to cut back on the budget alittle. not for sure on the jc whitneys yet but i will need some kind of seat that will keep me in place and adapt to a harness

been looking for seats also...these might fit the bill.How much is shipping on a pair of these?Do they recline all the way back?
there goes even more of the tax return...lol

There was a huge thread about a year ago because they had a sale on them.Do a search,results where,ehhh! I wouldnt trade my Corbeaus for anything less!

I have those seats in mine.. I like them..I'm over 6'1 so you know i had to get them to sit low..I have power seats..I can't find any pics of my install, but if you you have any angle iron and some time they are a easy install..These are the only pics i have now.can get some later if that would help
speakers.jpg

scott that would help if you have any of the mounting. how well are they holding up? how do you feel after a day of wheeling or a long drive?
oh this is the wrong question for scott:D
if it helps any, my wife jumped into scotts jeep and sat in those seats for about 30 seconds and said" order these now", so my guess is they are comfy, scott wont let me in his jeep:D

I had Corbeau seats in my Mustang and really liked them, so if I ever get aftermarket seats in the Jeep, they'll be Corbeau Baja's.

I had Corbeau seats in my Mustang and really liked them, so if I ever get aftermarket seats in the Jeep, they'll be Corbeau Baja's.

you must be rich lol

about to order a set of corbeau baja seats from a vender on pirate for $300 shipped to the door...

about to order a set of corbeau baja seats from a vender on pirate for $300 shipped to the door...

i guessing a "set" is two like a pair right? if so can you please put me in contact with that vender? (a link would work)

I bought a set of Corbeau Baja's with the intent of putting them in the XJ, but I dislike the fact that they are so short. The top of the seat barely reaches my neck (I am 6'2"). They sure are nice to sit in, but not the greatest in the event of someone rear-ending my Jeep.

I had a pair of hunsaker high back baja's with 5pt in my CJ... I liked them...the problem with sprung seats and a 5 pt harness is that no matter how tight you pull them when the going gets rough the springs will compress and rebound you into the belt. The un-sprung seats while not as comfy will not do that.

http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=32

They might be a bit narrow for my butt these days....

Better check the measurements of those seats. (I'm not implying when I make this next statement) If you or any of your friends have a beer belly, this seat might not be the seat for you. Most 5 star seats are made for little guys (skinny people less then a 38" waist) If you are looking for pizazz with a bit of comfort you better find a wide model. Most wide models (mainly made by corbeau) handle 40 - 44" waists. Seats are a very important decision as they affect you and your passengers safety. Keep it real and let me know what you went with. I'm Out!

mount.jpg

I used angle in the rear, i bolted it to the seat. After i did this i set the seat on top of the old frame to mark were i was going to drill..There is two studs there to use..(This is circled in pink )I cut the two studs off( that is the red circles ) For the front of the seat i used flat stock that i bent so it would drop 1.5 inches.I then drilled the flat stock so i could mount it to the frame,(circled in yellow) leave it loose so you can move it to mark the front of the seat..After i got the front all drilled, i installed to adjust, then i tighten it all down..The hard part was to keep the seat towards the hump..I hope this makes since..Sorry if it doesn't ..But once you remove your old seat you will see real fast how easy it is to do..I use a hammer and a 2x4 to bend my flat stock...Chit if i can do it i know you can..
P1010003-1.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010001-1.jpg

Let me know if this helped
Scott

man them seats are ugly scott, dude do yourself a favor and give them away. to someone with an 87 waggy:clap::D

Back