• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tacoma area help?

They want 900 but tabs are exp and I have to drive all the way there so I told them the most I will pay is 800. They said maybe. So if someone can give it a once over maybe take it for a spin check trans and transfer case.

So I talked to the girlfriend not the owner.
Thing I forgot to ask that I want to know is...
Engine 2.5 or 4.0
Transfercase np231 nv242
Any body damage
Does heater work
Do all doors close properl
And what color intrior.
Is title in hand.

Should I ask anything else when I call to tell them a friend may look at it for me

Last edited:
So I talked to the girlfriend not the owner.
Thing I forgot to ask that I want to know is...
Engine 2.5 or 4.0
Transfercase np231 nv242
Any body damage
Does heater work
Do all doors close properl
And what color intrior.
Is title in hand.

Should I ask anything else when I call to tell them a friend may look at it for me

That sounds good, maybe if it leaks from the rear main seal.

-Alex

So you want someone to go look at it for you? You'd be better served carpooling down with them and seeing it yourself, that way you can see the kinds of things they check for and judge for yourself first-hand. Plus, that way if you decide to make him an offer and he accepts, you can just drive it home on the spot.

I would not trust someone else to tell me if I should or shouldn't buy a vehicle sight unseen. Use it as a learning experience to help you judge future vehicle purchases. And call him up to get answers to your questions before you waste your or someone else's time driving down there.

i got a return call. i plan on carpooling friday. but i was jus thoping that if someone here could look at it and if there was something that was obviously bad i would know before i headed down

They want 900 but tabs are exp and I have to drive all the way there so I told them the most I will pay is 800. They said maybe. So if someone can give it a once over maybe take it for a spin check trans and transfer case.

What is a tab?

so i got a hold of them. no body damage. 4.0L renix. auto. but couldnt find out the transfer case. grey interior. everything seems good.

so i said i will be out tomorrow. they said might be going to portland. i said ok what about tonight they said oh we might be gone.

eithier something up is up or he really doesnt want to sell.

ok so leaving oak harbor about 9am tomorrow should put me in tacoma about noon at the latest. taking for a test drive. then hopefully a owner of a 90 xj 2door 4.0l. should get back in time for the game.

Back