• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should I spend money on?

EARTHman

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone want to help me spend a few bucks? I want to toss a few bucks at my Junk Jeep and would like to hear what other think would be the best money spent.

Front locker - I was thinking Aussie for the d30

Sliders - Thinking maybe AJ's Super Rockrails

Control Arm Lowering Brackets - RE or RC

Anyone care to share advise, thoughts?

Yeah this might help..

94XJ SE 2Dr 4.0 NP231 D30 8.25 TracLoc
5" Lift
32" Buckshot's
Custom Bumper
Surco Rack,
Rusty's Tracbar & Brace
JKS BPEs
JKS LCA Skids
JKSQuicker Discos
Rock Krawler Adj Upper & Lower Arms
Rusty's Throttle Body Spacer
K&N Filter

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/AVEarthman/94 XJ/Bobcat 2007/

Last edited:
well, do you want better traction to hit some harder trails? If yes, Locker...

Do you want to protect your rocker panels? If yes, rocker rails.

If you want a smoother ride and better flex, drop brackets.

If it's your daily driver, I'd get the drop brackets. Unless you're planning on upgrading to a longarm this year, then go for the locker.

well, do you want better traction to hit some harder trails? If yes, Locker...

Do you want to protect your rocker panels? If yes, rocker rails.

If you want a smoother ride and better flex, drop brackets.

If it's your daily driver, I'd get the drop brackets. Unless you're planning on upgrading to a longarm this year, then go for the locker.

No, it's not a DD. It's a trailrig/toy.

I'd say sliders first-- locker will just get you closer to bent up rockers without the sliders. Armor first, traction aids second...
dual lockers got me a nice matching pair of dented rockers.....

of course now, that made my decision for me to cut them out and replace them with boatsides when the funds become available. i would have been stuck with regular rocker guards if i didn't get lockers.....

Anyone want to help me spend a few bucks? I want to toss a few bucks at my Junk Jeep and would like to hear what other think would be the best money spent.

Rusty's Tracbar & Brace

If it was mine, I'd start out by replacing those two parts right there with a double shear, high quality version (RE or JKS).

Just my .02

I think the aussie would be a great upgrade. I've been happy with it since the day I put it in! Or go with the rock sliders, that would be my second choice.

dual lockers got me a nice matching pair of dented rockers.....

of course now, that made my decision for me to cut them out and replace them with boatsides when the funds become available. i would have been stuck with regular rocker guards if i didn't get lockers.....

Well thats definately a crazy approach to things,get ARMOR first!

get some super swamper tires. Either TSL's or LTB's. You'll be glad you did. Those tires will crawl over/through anything. I only recommend those b/c it's just a trail rig. These tires suck on the street.

If you ever wheel on rocks, get AJ's superrails first. Saved my rockers numerous times. Of course I'd have never been on those trails in the first place without my rear locker, so that should come right after. Have you regeared yet?

If you ever wheel on rocks, get AJ's superrails first. Saved my rockers numerous times. Of course I'd have never been on those trails in the first place without my rear locker, so that should come right after. Have you regeared yet?

Naw, stock 3.55 is what I have now. I do have a XJ D44 and a spare D30. I figure if it aint broke don't f with it. One of these days I'll get the spares regeared. Everything works now though. And the 27sp 8.25 thats in there now has a Trac Loc that works fine now. And I am running 32's. It will be easy to dump a ton of cash, but I just want to put about 200 or $300 in it now. And the 3 things Im thinking about fit that bill..

I tend to spend my money on fab tools....250a welder, plasma cutter, bender, compressor, chop saw, stands jacks, etc... Then, I make my own stuff.

Hey neighbor! I would spend money on protection first, lock it second. If you get hung up one of us will get you out.

If you haven't run Potts mountain yet, if you ever do you will want all the protection you can throw under that XJ!

See you on the trail!

Jon

Back